Had a Dream...

Advertisement
If the school had any sense they’d go after a proven guy like Dan Heefner (even though I doubt he’d ever leave DBU). I love the way DBU plays and the types of guys they produce.

If you wanna go younger Scott Jackson has been great at Liberty, Burroughs has been great at La Tech, Orloff looks to be the real deal at Irvine, and maybe even Checketts at UCSB. He built that program from nothing, so see if he wants to rebuild Miami into a power.

Notice this list is void of Miami guys. We need a facelift and new eyes on this program.

Advertisement
If the school had any sense they’d go after a proven guy like Dan Heefner (even though I doubt he’d ever leave DBU). I love the way DBU plays and the types of guys they produce.

If you wanna go younger Scott Jackson has been great at Liberty, Burroughs has been great at La Tech, Orloff looks to be the real deal at Irvine, and maybe even Checketts at UCSB. He built that program from nothing, so see if he wants to rebuild Miami into a power.

Notice this list is void of Miami guys. We need a facelift and new eyes on this program.
The title of this thread should have been "Pipe Dream" as there is no way he's going anywhere, but something's got to give. How long is his contract?

Gino got the ax and James hired JD. Would not surprise me in the least.

Sounds more like a nightmare to me.

I'm in agreement that this program is desperately in need of fresh blood, preferably some not tied by blood to the BoT.

Everything within our program right now is an insular echo chamber. It's not good. It's the same ideas reheated and passed through as "changes" or "different approaches". But the product remains the same. I'm sick of it.

Sounds more like a nightmare to me.

I'm in agreement that this program is desperately in need of fresh blood, preferably some not tied by blood to the BoT.

Everything within our program right now is an insular echo chamber. It's not good. It's the same ideas reheated and passed through as "changes" or "different approaches". But the product remains the same. I'm sick of it.
More like a dream that turned in yo a nightmare.

Advertisement
I doubt we'll see anything until 2023 at the earliest. Keep making regionals and that will be good enough for the powers that be.

Gun to my head and only 2 choices I take JD over Gino. He at least has been keeping up with getting power arms and actually developing kids. Our staff last year was the real deal under JD. Covid robbed us

OP, the first mistake in ur dream was Blake James firing anyone. Dude is a complete hack....oh wait; I was told since he works at a private university, it’s not his fault.

Gino is not getting fired, ever. Lower your expectations or stop caring. Usually making a regional is the new standard for baseball, 8-9 wins is the new standard for football, 5 scholarship players is the new standard for basketball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back