Guys, here's a story I wrote on Quadtrine Hill...

k9cane

Senior
a few years back when I was still at my old website. I was reminded of this as I mentioned him in my post on Claude Jones. Quadtrine is a great story teller, if there was one former player Id do a podcast with about UM football it would be him. We still keep in touch. The week of this past seasons Gatech game we went to lunch and stopped by his tailgate on gameday(he's goes to all the home games, still)

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/heavyweight-hurricane

Advertisement
FIASCO BOWL

There’s no doubt which loss sticks out to Hill during his time at “The U.” It’s the double-OT loss to Ohio State in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, which cost Miami a back-to-back national title run. That game will forever be remembered for the controversial pass interference call on Glenn Sharpe at the end of the first overtime period.

"Oh, without a doubt" said Hill. "I mean, with that one, it’s like, it’s one of those things it’s a loss- but it’s not a loss because we won the game. But at the same time, it hurts you because it goes down in the books as a loss. You feel robbed; you feel cheated. It feels like somebody came in and broke into your home and took all your possessions.

"It hurts like that."

Great read. Glad he's still doing good, great Cane. And as expected, the biggest robbery in sports history still pains him just like it does us fans. I hate those f*s with a passion and I want them in the playoffs. I'll never let it go. Go Canes!

a few years back when I was still at my old website. I was reminded of this as I mentioned him in my post on Claude Jones. Quadtrine is a great story teller, if there was one former player Id do a podcast with about UM football it would be him. We still keep in touch. The week of this past seasons Gatech game we went to lunch and stopped by his tailgate on gameday(he's goes to all the home games, still)

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/heavyweight-hurricane

I remember him back in 2005 when we were struggling midway through the season and facing a road game
at VT, at which time the Hokies were ranked in the top5, expected to clobber us.
But good ol Quad is asked about this and said they were going up there and (basically) kick their ***.
Hokies had their undies bent over backwards over his comments and I was kinda questioning him
myself about if this was a good idea.
Sure enough, Quad walked the talk.
LOL.

Very smart guy and cool dude. Absolutely hated when people called him Quad

I remember him back in 2005 when we were struggling midway through the season and facing a road game
at VT, at which time the Hokies were ranked in the top5, expected to clobber us.
But good ol Quad is asked about this and said they were going up there and (basically) kick their ***.
Hokies had their undies bent over backwards over his comments and I was kinda questioning him
LOL.

Yep. He said we were going to “stomp them out.” That was when Dennis Dodd wrote that article saying UM was dead and the Hokies were an elite program. Then we destroyed them and exposed Marcus Vick.

Advertisement
LOL.

Q always got the short end of the stick at UM, it still irks him that he never got his shot as the feature back. Also, I felt he was horribly underused as a pass catching fullback. He was actually very good in that role when given the chance. Another casualty of the Coker reign of error....

Yep. He said we were going to “stomp them out.” That was when Dennis Dodd wrote that article saying UM was dead and the Hokies were an elite program. Then we destroyed them and exposed Marcus Vick.
One of my all time favorite games. The score would’ve been worse if (I think) Greg Olsen didn’t drop a pass in the end zone. The defense ate little Vick alive that night.

Advertisement
Back