Guys Coming Soon Let's Discuss

I believe all 4 wrs, the 3 Lbs, Young, Jackson all play this year. Finley and Homer are wild cards for me, depends how much quality depth coaches believe we have at each position. Put me in the group who thinks James will be a baller in a couple years. Should be able to RS everyone else.

Advertisement
From an outsiders perspective I think if Homer performs well at practice Mark is going to play him. Besides Coley there is not another veteran on the team that is explosive.
Njoku is explosive compared to the guys who will be attempting to cover him. One of the most explosive athletic TEs in college football.

If James is athletic enough I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a shot early at CB. Our situation at CB is code orange, so they're going to need to manufacture a CB before the season starts.

Ahman Richards- Will be given a chance to start right away. Need him to excel.

Sam Bruce- Slot lacking that big play, exciting, make things happen guy. Bruce is that guy. Will play a lot if not start.

Dionte Mullins - Because the position lacks depth and speed, he too could earn playing time. Fall performance determines if he redshirts.

Dyall Harris- Wild Card. They won't redshirt him. Has to out perform Cager to get meaningful playing time.

Jovanni Haskins- Depth at TE allows him to redshirt. Big time potential. Will be contender for 2017 season.

Michael Irvin- Redshirt. H-Back type. 6'2 225/30 by spring 2017. Can be moved around. Will be very good if used like Jordan Reed.

Travis Homer- Depth at RB will allow him to redshirt. No use in wasting a year. Training and OLine improvements will benefit him.

Romeo Finley- Lack of depth in secondary and his skills means he plays if only in situations and more as season progresses.

Cedric Wright- If he can play CB he may get a shot, but if purely a S then he redshirts.

Malek Young- Has to flop not to play. Will be given every chance to play.

Jeff James- Redshirt. With so many S and DB likely coming next 2 years. May not survive, but who knows.

Tre Johnson- They may redshirt him to get stronger and prepared, but with so many busters on the OL, may be pressed into play.

Tyreric Martin- Redshirt. Gotta get weight up and stronger at DT. See next spring on his progress.

Patrick Bethel- Redshirt. Has to get a lot bigger and stronger to compete at this level and against better teammates.

Joseph Jackson- May be one of those Superstar freshmen DE's or they may save him because of depth at position. If he is as good as I think he is. Speed, Size and Intensity may leap frog him ahead of Chad. Yes I said it. Kid has Superstar written all over him.

Shaq Quaterman- May start or backup Owens, but will play a plenty and be a Freshman All American.

Mike Pickney- Will see the field early and often especially in passing situations. 1st Team ACC Freshman with Shaq.

Zach McCloud- Will also play a lot. After a season he will be a star LB as well.

Jack Allison- Redshirt. Needs to develop physically, weight and strength. Learn the offense like its his own. His comp coming 2017.

Since when has Bruce lacked "big play" ability?

Have you not seen his film?

I give you a chance to re read my comment before I question your comprehension.

Advertisement

Sam Bruce- Slot lacking that big play, exciting, make things happen guy. Bruce is that guy. Will play a lot if not start.

Dionte Mullins - Because the position lacks depth and speed, he too could earn playing time. Fall performance determines if he redshirts.

Dyall Harris- Wild Card. They won't redshirt him. Has to out perform Cager to get meaningful playing time.

Jovanni Haskins- Depth at TE allows him to redshirt. Big time potential. Will be contender for 2017 season.

Michael Irvin- Redshirt. H-Back type. 6'2 225/30 by spring 2017. Can be moved around. Will be very good if used like Jordan Reed.

Travis Homer- Depth at RB will allow him to redshirt. No use in wasting a year. Training and OLine improvements will benefit him.

Romeo Finley- Lack of depth in secondary and his skills means he plays if only in situations and more as season progresses.

Cedric Wright- If he can play CB he may get a shot, but if purely a S then he redshirts.

Jeff James- Redshirt. With so many S and DB likely coming next 2 years. May not survive, but who knows.

Tre Johnson- They may redshirt him to get stronger and prepared, but with so many busters on the OL, may be pressed into play.

Tyreric Martin- Redshirt. Gotta get weight up and stronger at DT. See next spring on his progress.

Patrick Bethel- Redshirt. Has to get a lot bigger and stronger to compete at this level and against better teammates.

Joseph Jackson- May be one of those Superstar freshmen DE's or they may save him because of depth at position. If he is as good as I think he is. Speed, Size and Intensity may leap frog him ahead of Chad. Yes I said it. Kid has Superstar written all over him.

Shaq Quaterman- May start or backup Owens, but will play a plenty and be a Freshman All American.

Mike Pickney- Will see the field early and often especially in passing situations. 1st Team ACC Freshman with Shaq.

Zach McCloud- Will also play a lot. After a season he will be a star LB as well.

Jack Allison- Redshirt. Needs to develop physically, weight and strength. Learn the offense like its his own. His comp coming 2017.

Lol

I think his speed in hs was elite but in d1 lets see im doubting it like vreak away speed. He got mean cutts tho, richards will be the gem.

From an outsiders perspective I think if Homer performs well at practice Mark is going to play him. Besides Coley there is not another veteran on the team that is explosive.
Njoku is explosive compared to the guys who will be attempting to cover him. One of the most explosive athletic TEs in college football.

**** thats crazy hes one of those hidden gems gone right. Coach kool got that eye for DL so if he lands his our d gun be ruthless in three years.

My view of Bruce is that he is fast, not DeShawn Jackson fast, but football fast. He is explosive, can make people miss, can cut on sharp angles, tough to tackle after the catch and dude has the competitive fire that never backs off the throttle. He's a perfect new era Slot.

My view of Bruce is that he is fast, not DeShawn Jackson fast, but football fast. He is explosive, can make people miss, can cut on sharp angles, tough to tackle after the catch and dude has the competitive fire that never backs off the throttle. He's a perfect new era Slot.

I agree that Bruce is going to help us. I think he'll be most valuable as a return man this year.

My question for the guys who think Bruce has elite playmaking ability: How did HS defenses hold him to 9 ypc last year? Elite playmakers don't get held to 9 ypc in HS.

Advertisement

You could read it either way

I question your ability to formulate a complete sentence

Nope you really can only read it one way. Just admit you read it wrong and move on. Not a big deal.

Coach Kool as done far more with far less talent than he has here. I can't wait to see how this DL responds to legit coaching in a legit scheme.

Advertisement
Agreed. No need to wait 2-3 years...He's got more than enough to get it done in Year 1....

I think Malek Young could be dangerous as a returner in addition to Bruce - if I remember correctly, he returned a bunch for TDs during HS....And he'll be the fastest guy on the team once he arrives...

Coach Kool as done far more with far less talent than he has here. I can't wait to see how this DL responds to legit coaching in a legit scheme.

Herndon will be explosive as well. Considering teams may not game-plan much for him with Njoku, Coley, and maybe Bruce on the field, he may have opportunities to make big plays.

James will need a lot of development. You don't just play 1 year of football and expect to translate to college in a blink of an eye. Has talent, now can our coaches get that full potential out of him...time will tell. I believe Richards will be our#2 receiver and Bruce will rotate with Berrios. People keep sleeping on Brax, has busted his *** and is fully healthy. Def see a huge year from him.

Every HS kid needs a lot of development when they get to college. Jit had more int's in his first year playing than some of the "top" safeties had in their whole HS career. He may not start but he'll be on the field early and a lot!

I agree I hope he turns out to be great here but I am not expecting him to see the field this year unless it's special teams. Numbers can be misleading.

Advertisement
No way we RS that many guys. A lot of them will be used in some situations and on special teams. According to a canesport article a little while back they told Jovani Haskins that a RS isn't even an option on the table, to be ready to come in and play.

The only guys I think may actually get RS are Bethel, Irvin Jr, maybe Martin, maybe Johnson. Just depends on how they plan to rotate on the DL and how Johnson comes in and whether he's ready or not. He's a true OT, maybe the only one on the roster so we'll see.

Annnd here we go again, the guy that has never gone through a single practice is better than the 5* and 4* DE's in front of him. If anyone out plays Chad it will surely be DJax. That kid is a natural pass rusher. Brax will hold off Sam. Not sure if Brax is even slower than Sam to be honest. Maybe if we seem them running on the same field it will be obvious, but Brax had a pretty darn quick shuttle time a couple of years ago at a Camp. There will be ZERO OL playing this yr from this class. We have a lot of guys to fill the openings that are there. Honestly, IMO I only see any of the frosh playing ST's with he exception of a WR or two and Malek. Outside of the EE guys of course. Its pretty evident that the LBs are going to play a lot. But those dudes are elite kids who had college bodies walking in the door. I am not sure there are that many other guys coming in the fall ready to play right now, unless we have injuries. The only reason I am down on the DE's playing is because we have some good players there already.

Herndon will be explosive as well. Considering teams may not game-plan much for him with Njoku, Coley, and maybe Bruce on the field, he may have opportunities to make big plays.

Njoku is explosive but you need more big plays than a TE and a often injured WR. Too many slow guys that why anybody that ca make a big play will get a serious look from Mark.

Nope you really can only read it one way. Just admit you read it wrong and move on. Not a big deal.

You're right, it isn't a big deal

...and nope

Advertisement
Back