Guys Coming Soon Let's Discuss

Ahman Richards- Will be given a chance to start right away. Need him to excel.

Sam Bruce- Slot lacking that big play, exciting, make things happen guy. Bruce is that guy. Will play a lot if not start.

Dionte Mullins - Because the position lacks depth and speed, he too could earn playing time. Fall performance determines if he redshirts.

Dyall Harris- Wild Card. They won't redshirt him. Has to out perform Cager to get meaningful playing time.

Jovanni Haskins- Depth at TE allows him to redshirt. Big time potential. Will be contender for 2017 season.

Michael Irvin- Redshirt. H-Back type. 6'2 225/30 by spring 2017. Can be moved around. Will be very good if used like Jordan Reed.

Travis Homer- Depth at RB will allow him to redshirt. No use in wasting a year. Training and OLine improvements will benefit him.

Romeo Finley- Lack of depth in secondary and his skills means he plays if only in situations and more as season progresses.

Cedric Wright- If he can play CB he may get a shot, but if purely a S then he redshirts.

Malek Young- Has to flop not to play. Will be given every chance to play.

Jeff James- Redshirt. With so many S and DB likely coming next 2 years. May not survive, but who knows.

Tre Johnson- They may redshirt him to get stronger and prepared, but with so many busters on the OL, may be pressed into play.

Tyreric Martin- Redshirt. Gotta get weight up and stronger at DT. See next spring on his progress.

Patrick Bethel- Redshirt. Has to get a lot bigger and stronger to compete at this level and against better teammates.

Joseph Jackson- May be one of those Superstar freshmen DE's or they may save him because of depth at position. If he is as good as I think he is. Speed, Size and Intensity may leap frog him ahead of Chad. Yes I said it. Kid has Superstar written all over him.

Shaq Quaterman- May start or backup Owens, but will play a plenty and be a Freshman All American.

Mike Pickney- Will see the field early and often especially in passing situations. 1st Team ACC Freshman with Shaq.

Zach McCloud- Will also play a lot. After a season he will be a star LB as well.

Jack Allison- Redshirt. Needs to develop physically, weight and strength. Learn the offense like its his own. His comp coming 2017.

Advertisement
Excited for guys like Bruce and Quarterman who are young studs straight filling a NEED. Competition among the incoming WRs should hopefully push the current WR group to a higher level as well. Cant forget Coach Kool as our D-line coach and the savages that we have waiting to be unleashed in the new 4-3 sheme. I think with CMR now our coach and the way the schedule lines up, with a 3rd year starter at QB there should be no question we should go 10-2 or potentially 11-1 if we can stay healthy throughout the season.

Last edited:
Excited for guys like Bruce and Quarterman who are young studs straight filling a NEED. Competition among the incoming WRs should hopefully push the current WR group to a higher level as well. Cant forget Coach Kool as our D-line coach and the savages that we have waiting to be unleashed in the new 4-3 sheme. I think with CMR now our coach and the way the schedule lines up, with a 3rd year starter at QB there should be no question we should go 10-2 or potentially 11-1 if we can stay healthy throughout the season.

One win at a time baby, one win at a time.

Advertisement
Quite happy with this class top to bottom but man, I so wish we'd added a blue chip CB and OLineman to our haul.

Think OP's analysis is fair, except I have a feeling Jeff James pops after a RS year.

Does anybody know if Mullins will qualify? Regardless I think all the incoming receivers will play as well as anybody who can play corner. All the linebackers will play. Redshirt everyone else unless they show out during camp.

Joe Jackson will beat ol like they're named Tito, Michael and Jermaine

mj.jpg

I know i may be in the minority, but im still not sold on Chad. I agree - Jackson could end up beating him out.
I think Chad may have benefited from being at BTW and the hype machine that it creates.

I still think that he cares more about making music and beats than football.

Advertisement
I agree with everything in the op except Jeff James. He'll be one of the best safeties to come thru Miami. Natural ballhawk!

Sam Bruce- Slot lacking that big play, exciting, make things happen guy. Bruce is that guy. Will play a lot if not start.

Dionte Mullins - Because the position lacks depth and speed, he too could earn playing time. Fall performance determines if he redshirts.

Dyall Harris- Wild Card. They won't redshirt him. Has to out perform Cager to get meaningful playing time.

Jovanni Haskins- Depth at TE allows him to redshirt. Big time potential. Will be contender for 2017 season.

Michael Irvin- Redshirt. H-Back type. 6'2 225/30 by spring 2017. Can be moved around. Will be very good if used like Jordan Reed.

Travis Homer- Depth at RB will allow him to redshirt. No use in wasting a year. Training and OLine improvements will benefit him.

Romeo Finley- Lack of depth in secondary and his skills means he plays if only in situations and more as season progresses.

Cedric Wright- If he can play CB he may get a shot, but if purely a S then he redshirts.

Jeff James- Redshirt. With so many S and DB likely coming next 2 years. May not survive, but who knows.

Tre Johnson- They may redshirt him to get stronger and prepared, but with so many busters on the OL, may be pressed into play.

Tyreric Martin- Redshirt. Gotta get weight up and stronger at DT. See next spring on his progress.

Patrick Bethel- Redshirt. Has to get a lot bigger and stronger to compete at this level and against better teammates.

Joseph Jackson- May be one of those Superstar freshmen DE's or they may save him because of depth at position. If he is as good as I think he is. Speed, Size and Intensity may leap frog him ahead of Chad. Yes I said it. Kid has Superstar written all over him.

Shaq Quaterman- May start or backup Owens, but will play a plenty and be a Freshman All American.

Mike Pickney- Will see the field early and often especially in passing situations. 1st Team ACC Freshman with Shaq.

Zach McCloud- Will also play a lot. After a season he will be a star LB as well.

Jack Allison- Redshirt. Needs to develop physically, weight and strength. Learn the offense like its his own. His comp coming 2017.

Since when has Bruce lacked "big play" ability?

Have you not seen his film?

I think you are underestimating Mullins, kid can ball and will surprise people imo.

He didn't say that....

Advertisement
James will need a lot of development. You don't just play 1 year of football and expect to translate to college in a blink of an eye. Has talent, now can our coaches get that full potential out of him...time will tell. I believe Richards will be our#2 receiver and Bruce will rotate with Berrios. People keep sleeping on Brax, has busted his *** and is fully healthy. Def see a huge year from him.

I think you should reread the post.

Advertisement
James will need a lot of development. You don't just play 1 year of football and expect to translate to college in a blink of an eye. Has talent, now can our coaches get that full potential out of him...time will tell. I believe Richards will be our#2 receiver and Bruce will rotate with Berrios. People keep sleeping on Brax, has busted his *** and is fully healthy. Def see a huge year from him.

Every HS kid needs a lot of development when they get to college. Jit had more int's in his first year playing than some of the "top" safeties had in their whole HS career. He may not start but he'll be on the field early and a lot!

Nice post Hater. I pretty much agree with everything but I can't see a situation outside of mass injuries where Tre Johnson would be pressed into play. Kid is much too raw. Also, I couldn't agree more about Joe Jackson. Outside of Shaq, he is my favorite true freshman defender. Every time I see Jackson play, he just explodes off the screen. This kid has AA potential. He has the talent to be our best DE in a very long time. There is a reason Kool said he had Jackson rated as the No1 DE prospect in the nation.

Watching all three true freshman LBs is going to be a lot of fun. We haven't had a trio this talented since the Bermuda Triangle. Yeah I said it! Shaq Quarterman is just a special transcendent type of talent but it's his maturity, leadership qualities and intelligence that truly set him apart from other stud freshmen. How can anyone not be excited?

Last edited:
From an outsiders perspective I think if Homer performs well at practice Mark is going to play him. Besides Coley there is not another veteran on the team that is explosive.

Quite happy with this class top to bottom but man, I so wish we'd added a blue chip CB and OLineman to our haul.

Think OP's analysis is fair, except I have a feeling Jeff James pops after a RS year.
With one year playing football, James has better numbers and the All State Pedigree....Rooting for him as I think he's the biggest sleeper in this years freshmen class..

Advertisement
Back