Gus Edwards

tomi

Freshman
Premium
Does anyone else think that Gus Edwards should switch positions? i mean next year UM will have a 4-5 RB's and i doubt he will be the starter OR backup. He is such a beast that i would hate to see him stuck on the bench behind Yearby and the 2015

P.S. i was just wondering so nobody go off on me for saying something stupid

Advertisement
I need to see Gus improve on his pass catching abilities, and he needs to work on his lateral quickness, if he wants to be the starter here next year I just don't see it right now.I always thought he would be like a William Floyd type fullback if he switched positions

Gus' future is at FB or LB. He's big enough to put on more weight, but I don't know how he is in engaging blocks. I also have no idea how he'll translate to LB, but the athleticism and build is there.

Advertisement
If he can start to run with an "attitude" the size is there. Needs to be more aggressive and downhill type back! Hope he starts to get it!

Some place other than RB. We have seen enough of getting tackled for loss in short yardage and red zone plays.

Advertisement
Gus' future is at FB or LB. He's big enough to put on more weight, but I don't know how he is in engaging blocks. I also have no idea how he'll translate to LB, but the athleticism and build is there.

Dude is way too soft to ever be a LB. Yeah the size and athleticism is there but the heart and attitude is severely lacking. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane......

He either needs to find his niche on ST (or wherever) or just hand up the cleats.

There's no reason he shouldn't be able to contribute to this team. Drop your balls.

I mean no disrespect to the kid but he probably should look around for another place to play. Unless he can find the physicality to play FB but I don't see it.

Advertisement
Two out of three handoffs in the Duke game, he had two Dukies there to take the handoff..Does the offensive line not block for him or did Duke know that if he was in the backfield he would get the handoff....Maybe it's the plays that are called..Also always gets to pitch to go left in last three games...Even Dono could defend this one....

Advertisement
His playing time will be scarce next year if serious improvements aren't made. Yearby is trending up as well as Jordan Scarlett and Dexter Williams coming in looking to take jobs.

Advertisement
Back