GUS EDWARDS $$$$$

You weren't. He never ran consistently hard here. Never kept his pad level low. Got legitimately beat out by guys with less natural gifts. The light didn't go on until he got to Rutgers. And then went on even brighter when he got to the league. It happens sometimes.
Let's keep it real. He never got enough carries to be consistent. Would have liked to have seen what he could do when he was named the starter, but had the season ending foot injury. We are so enamored with flashy backs, that we forget about the power. And before anyone denounces him as a power runner, let's understand that the blocking wasn't very good and he was mostly used in predictable short yardage situations. A bigger guy needs a little more sustained initial blocking while smaller guys can just make people miss.

I was one that always saw his potential as most guys his size don't run that fast. I'm very happy for Gus and his family.

Advertisement
Let's keep it real. He never got enough carries to be consistent. Would have liked to have seen what he could do when he was named the starter, but had the season ending foot injury. We are so enamored with flashy backs, that we forget about the power. And before anyone denounces him as a power runner, let's understand that the blocking wasn't very good and he was mostly used in predictable short yardage situations. A bigger guy needs a little more sustained initial blocking while smaller guys can just make people miss.

I was one that always saw his potential as most guys his size don't run that fast. I'm very happy for Gus and his family.
I liked him originally from his hs tape. Glad hes doing well

Gus proved a player can truly progress -- from the likes of running like a newborn giraffe to running like a NFL pro. We all knew he had the potential. Kudos to him for betting on himself.
I'm not sure if everybody knew he had potential. A lot of guys talked **** about Gus while he was at the "U". Unfortunately the offense he played in wasn't suited for his skill set and it was minimized instead of maximized.

Advertisement
The reason Gus got a lot of heat from Miami fans was because he was disappointing. He was a big dude with really good speed but he ran like a 180 lb running back here. The good news is, players can actually improve and sometimes the light doesn’t come on for a guy until his junior or senior season. Gus was obviously productive at Rutgers and his style very much translates to the pros, so good for him.

I got to talk to Gus from the stands after the Dallas Crawford experience in chapel hill when Gus was a freshman. Dude was a specimen even then, told him he needed to find a way to get on the field. I was hyped for him before he got hurt here, we could have used him blowing up that year. I'm glad he's doing well. Wasn't it @blackvern who was always on the Gus Bus?

The second coming of Jim Briwn didn’t have any memorable moments here that I recall...Gus the Bust. Glad he’s doing well now though.

I saw a back that was improving, but that's just me. :) I never understood the hate for the guy. Personally, I like bigger backs that don't fall down when a stray piece of grass pops up.

I agree. So many here read something wherever and apply a label to ,or try to slot someone as whatever.

Many players can improve especially when given a chance.

Advertisement
"The Ravens and restricted free agent running back Gus Edwards reached a two-year extension worth $10 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, per agent Drew Rosenhaus." -- NFL.com

Edit: His deal puts him right behind Kenyan Drake's 2 year - 11$mil deal.
Gus tha Bus got paid!!!

Let me put this in to perspective for the people who absolutely feel the need to say "CIS evaluators" have no clue what they're talking about.

Imagine if Wiggins transfers somewhere else and actually started catching the ball, AND using his size to evolve his game? He'd be a top level guy...and the same people in this thread are going to bìtch about how "the staff didn't use him correctly" or how we were stupid for saying he needed to transfer.

Gus was an average back at Miami, who could've evolved his game if he tried to run like Gus Edward's instead of trying to run like Duke Johnson.

Advertisement
Who was the wr you had like 1200 yards at Marshall a couple years ago after busting here? Want to say Tyree Brady or something?🤔

Advertisement
That can't be right. The CIS scouting report read like this...

Runs too high. Got hit hard in practice once. Would be lucky to make it in the CFL.
It was more than once, iron sharpened iron on greentree. An now Gus and Denzel are better for it.

denzel-perryman-levels-teammate-AGAIN.gif

DenzellPerrymanGIF.gif

Go Canes

I got to talk to Gus from the stands after the Dallas Crawford experience in chapel hill when Gus was a freshman. Dude was a specimen even then, told him he needed to find a way to get on the field. I was hyped for him before he got hurt here, we could have used him blowing up that year. I'm glad he's doing well. Wasn't it @blackvern who was always on the Gus Bus?
yes sir...

Yearby a teachers assistant
Walton in and out of jail
Duke Unemployed
Homer 5th string RB

Gus signing 10 million dollar extensions

I can remember all the haters laughing at Me and my boy Gus...

Gus was the most talented running back on the roster after Duke Johnson.. he was more talented then Walton, Yearby and Homer. Some of these phaggot porsters still throwing underhanded compliments at my boy **** all yall. Much respect to those who admit they were wrong.

Last edited:
yes sir...

Duke Unemployed
Homer 5th string RB

Gus was the most talented running back on the roster after Duke Johnson.. he was more talented then Walton, Yearby and Homer. Some of these phaggot porsters still throwing underhanded compliments at my boy **** all yall. Much respect to those who admit they were wrong.

None of that has anything to do with how anybody performed when they were here, and bringing up Duke was egregious.

Gus finally fulfilled his potential elsewhere, or later, it’s been happening to people for 10,000 years. Sometimes it’s a change of scenery, sometimes it is maturation, or just time.

I wasn’t one of the people that shlt on Gus when he was here, I don’t like to rag on players, though I probably made fun of you because after all, you’re NoleVern. And I’m thrilled he’s making a decent NFL payday, but there’s no need to shlt on our other running backs by comparison.

It has nothing to do with Gus.

yes sir...

Duke Unemployed
Homer 5th string RB

Every running back you listed was a better college running back than Edwards. I don’t really care who’s the better pro running back. That’s like saying you’d rather have Chad Henne in college than Johnny Manziel because Henne has had a longer pro career. If this was an NFL board it would matter but we’re talking about college football here.

Advertisement
Back