Gunter to the Panthers

Advertisement
Good for Gunt. He seemed to me to improve significantly late last season. After training under D'O and Williams, he needed time to get his sea legs.

Wasn't he a supreme liability at the end of last season and playoffs? He can play in the NFL and has improved dramatically, but I remember atlanta and Dallas picking on him relentlessly. Perhaps it was lack of help over the top, just don't want to rewrite history.

Wasn't he a supreme liability at the end of last season and playoffs? He can play in the NFL and has improved dramatically, but I remember atlanta and Dallas picking on him relentlessly. Perhaps it was lack of help over the top, just don't want to rewrite history.

If I recall correctly, when Dallas bullied him it was because he was 1 on 1 with Dez. That's not a recipe for success for a not top tier CB.

Advertisement
They had him on an island vs some of the best WRs in the league. He grew up quickly. I think given the circumstances he performed well above expectations.

If I recall correctly, when Dallas bullied him it was because he was 1 on 1 with Dez. That's not a recipe for success for a not top tier CB.

Not really a recipe for success for any corner in the league

Advertisement
He needs to be in that system. He is not a man to man corner. It was setting him up to fail when you put him on an island especially against Dez, Julio etc.

And while he did struggle in those games he did lockup a top 3 receiver in odell Beckham too and played well in other games

Advertisement
Back