Coaching Guidry's defensive philosophy

Advertisement
#1 in the country in 3rd down defense...and not only that, their conversion % allowed in 2022 was the best of any team since Michigan in 2016
We've been so bad on 3rd down on both sides of the ball for so long that this is the equivalent of winning the lottery... I'm mostly just kinda stunned and don't really know how to feel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reminds me of Manny’s Defense….Let’s go
Excited Dance GIF

Advertisement
I looked into his scheme and to be honest, I really like it and for one reason only. His alignment of players regardless of coverage and personelle package is in the right position to succeed. After seeing CMD defense, massive breath of fresh air. I think this guy is a mad scientist type and maybe not a recruiter, which is what is needed at the DC level.

Advertisement
I looked into his scheme and to be honest, I really like it and for one reason only. His alignment of players regardless of coverage and personelle package is in the right position to succeed. After seeing CMD defense, massive breath of fresh air. I think this guy is a mad scientist type and maybe not a recruiter, which is what is needed at the DC level.
Except he supposedly is

Advertisement
Back