Guess the off-season narrative

I don’t know where folks are getting this from. My understanding from reports was Dawson was only coming here if head coach was hands off. From reading between the lines of both interviews post GT, it was Dawson that ran the ball and didn’t kneel. There’s no evidence at all that the sorry *** playing calling or lack of creativity at the goaline is Mario. Dawson calls the plays and there is no evidence contrary to that.
This. I was not someone who wanted Mario but he let go. TVD had a breakdown and Dawson has scaled it back. He doesnt trust him. Watch any Dawson interview, it seems like he cant wait for a new qb

Advertisement
Just not sure if Mario is as hands on with the play calling that we are perceiving.

If someone can find me one game in which pre-miami Dawson went to the goaline set... not at the goalline - with more than two yards to gain - multiple times in a game ill stand corrected.

I see really similar tendencies to Gattis last season when it comes to going heavy and compressed with under 5 yards to gain.

Two different OC's, two obsessions with inviting defenders into the box when we need it least. Either this is meddling, or Mario is only alining with OC's that believe in this. But I watched a lot of Houston film and there wasn't a ton of that ****.

Wash, rinse, and repeat with Mario. He'll finished with a top 15 recruiting and underachieve in the regular season.

Get a D’Eriq King type of quarterback and mass returns then I will get excited again. Need a quarterback that can make Mario look good. A true dual threat. I pray that the lord blesses Jaccurri with a Travis like turnaround

I don’t know where folks are getting this from. My understanding from reports was Dawson was only coming here if head coach was hands off. From reading between the lines of both interviews post GT, it was Dawson that ran the ball and didn’t kneel. There’s no evidence at all that the sorry *** playing calling or lack of creativity at the goaline is Mario. Dawson calls the plays and there is no evidence contrary to that.
There’s even a short clip of Mario asking Dawson if we should kneel. This is another reason I’m not giving up on Mario. If TVD didn’t forget how to play quarterback in October we would be at 8-3 right now. We got beat by NC, FSU and yesterday. Nothing can be done about that. The other 2 losses would more likely have been wins if TVD had any confidence. GT would never come down to the end and NCSU was very beatable with any kind of offensive performance.

Advertisement
Anybody that still buys this crap after the same narrative for 20 years deserves this torture.

But the hilarious part is a large chunk of this fanbase is so ******* clueless they will eat it up

Get a D’Eriq King type of quarterback and mass returns then I will get excited again. Need a quarterback that can make Mario look good. A true dual threat. I pray that the lord blesses Jaccurri with a Travis like turnaround
We may have one in our own locker room but he doesn’t even get an opportunity to see what he can do in this abortion of a season.

You have to get a sure fire QB in transfer portal. I wouldn’t play TVD anymore. He’s not coming back so he can be backup. Go with Jacurri and let him get game reps.

Not the #1 choice but someone like this kid if you can get him (Not necessarily him per say as he already transferred and would have to sit out) but someone with this skill set, which is why I want to see Jacurri.

Kyron Drones (VTech) - @JustAFanHTX - thoughts on him?

1700421996797.png

Last edited:
We as fans have every right to hate on Mario for his decision making on gamedays and the days after but hope is what keeps sports fresh and addicting.

SO yes i will be drinking all the kool aid in the following months... let me start now.

12-0 NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR! WE WANT BAMA!

There’s even a short clip of Mario asking Dawson if we should kneel. This is another reason I’m not giving up on Mario. If TVD didn’t forget how to play quarterback in October we would be at 8-3 right now. We got beat by NC, FSU and yesterday. Nothing can be done about that. The other 2 losses would more likely have been wins if TVD had any confidence. GT would never come down to the end and NCSU was very beatable with any kind of offensive performance.
Most fans are miserable idiots

The bottom line is Mario is here for at least 4 years. Every college coach should get 3-4 years at least. Crying *****ing moaning about it isn’t going to do anything.

People love to hear themselves ***** and moan. Probably because their wives don’t listen to them.

Visit fsu boards after norvells second season. 3 and 6 his first year then 5-7 his second. All those people wanted him fired. And yet look at them now. Exhibit A on why a coach needs 3-4 years in college football.

Advertisement
I’m going with

1. New OC, maybe reports of Mario being more hands off
2. A nice crop of returning upperclassmen
3. Solid to good transfers to bolster glaring holes including QB
4. Reports of defense taking off to another level in Guidry scheme.

As months of not seeing a Cristobal coached team pile on one another, fantasies of 10+ win seasons will creep back in. We might even start off strong in 24 but we will be right back here in November the way this guy manages games.

Who’s ready to fall for it?
Some people gonna still fall for them.

Worst part of next season is starting with UF. I wanna see the swamp and be there for that W but I don’t trust Mario.

I’m going with

1. New OC, maybe reports of Mario being more hands off
2. A nice crop of returning upperclassmen
3. Solid to good transfers to bolster glaring holes including QB
4. Reports of defense taking off to another level in Guidry scheme.

As months of not seeing a Cristobal coached team pile on one another, fantasies of 10+ win seasons will creep back in. We might even start off strong in 24 but we will be right back here in November the way this guy manages games.

Who’s ready to fall for it?
All In Reaction GIF by Travis

Betting Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Back