Guaranteed to put a smile on your face

FUGators FUNoles

Pronounced Eff Yoo

From the Miami Herald (2013)

UM Quarterback Brock Berlin, who orchestrated the spectacular 38-33 comeback victory against UF in 2003 at the Orange Bowl, recalls that moment as surely as he recalls former Gators guard Shannon Snell — a good friend, mind you — telling reporters before the game that he hoped UF’s defense would make Berlin’s “mouth bleed.”

“I’ve never felt a stadium become so electric since that game,” said Berlin, a former St. Louis Ram and short-lived Miami Dolphin whose Canes were down 33-10 with 3:35 left in the third quarter before he rallied them to the win.

Berlin still considers Canes fans the best in college football and never looked back once he transferred. He threw for 5,099 yards and 34 touchdowns in two seasons at UM, beating Florida twice and Florida State three times.

“You know what’s great about Canes fans?” he said. “Their expectations are high. They want to see you playing your best. My time with them was awesome.

“I am a Cane and that’s all I am.”

LINK: Brock Berlin's defining moment as a Miami Hurricane

Advertisement
Dam you are right...I have a smile ear to ear. Nice guarantee brother!

My Gawd, now that's Miami Football. I miss that level of play so much! Man I hope Shaq and Pink play like DJ and Vilma on Saturday! Is it time to head to the stadium yet?

Advertisement
Forgot how big Kevin Beard was in that game. Probably because of how hammered I was in the WEZ that night.

Beard and Ryan Moore made some incredible catches that night...

Sadly this was one of the last rays of sunshine before the age of darkness set in on our beloved program.....

...death of Sean Taylor, clappy's final exit, blundering Randy, dirty Shapiro,
Al and his buttbuddy D'No,
Richtirement ...

What long and weary decade and a half we have endured!

But finally the dawn is approaching and hope is building...

Last edited:
Said it here several times. In all the games over all the years I went to the OB, she never shook as much as she did when Hester ran that kickoff back.

It was insane.

100%. I was on the upper deck, south side line. Legit thought we were gonna collapse on the people below us. What a night.

Advertisement
Said it here several times. In all the games over all the years I went to the OB, she never shook as much as she did when Hester ran that kickoff back.

It was insane.
While I agree that the game was unbelievable (especially the TD KO return by Devin Hester), I believe that the
No. 7 Miami 27, No. 1 Notre Dame 10 (1989) was the most thrilling game in Orange Bowl history. BTW, I was at both games (i.e. the 2003 and the 1989 games).

Advertisement
Advertisement
That chomp followed by the choke slash was unbelievable. I rode out a Gayturd fan that night like a warrior on a stallion. Plan on doing it again Saturday night!

Advertisement
Back