GT is blowing out VT in Blacksburg

Advertisement
Yeah.

/see avatar.

Your avatar says Bring Back Butch. The game you reference gives me no reason to BBB. Richt not only beat GT this year, he's beat them 19 times including his OC days at FSU. What is Butch's record against GT?
We lost to VT and oh Duke beat UNC......yeah.

/see avatar.

And we beat Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh. See schedule.

Yet they did what we could not and cannot.

/see avatar

I believe in reason and logic, but the coastal is always ****ed. As stupid as it sounds, I think Miami will have to be NC calibre to win the coastal. Not for any real reason, just because teams never dominate the division. How often in the last 10 years have we not considered how a 3 way tie would shake out? It would take some serious talent and luck for any team to make it out of the coastal undefeated this or any other year. It's like the coastal division defiled the pharos's tomb or built a housing development on an Indian burial ground or some ****.

Advertisement
That 4 game stretch is like a cloud that won't move.

We gave away at least 3 of those 4 games, and looked totally unprepared for the 4th.

Let's hope Richt got his brainfarts out of the way and it's smooth sailing from here. We should easily be 9-1 right now at the very least.

I'm actually shocked at what we have accomplished this season with our roster. We have good talent in our starting lineup (not including our OL) but after that it's like a **** MASH Unit. We have two serviceable CB's and then Corn is playing out of his mind. Safety play hasn't been great really either. Front 7 on defense has carried us a long way this season.

That 4 game stretch is like a cloud that won't move.

We gave away at least 3 of those 4 games, and looked totally unprepared for the 4th.

Let's hope Richt got his brainfarts out of the way and it's smooth sailing from here. We should easily be 9-1 right now at the very least.

I'm actually shocked at what we have accomplished this season with our roster. We have good talent in our starting lineup (not including our OL) but after that it's like a **** MASH Unit. We have two serviceable CB's and then Corn is playing out of his mind. Safety play hasn't been great really either. Front 7 on defense has carried us a long way this season.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. That 4 game stretch represents a horrible wasted opportunity. No way we should have walked out of there without winning 3 of those 4. That 4 game stretch of Patrick Nix-ish type play calling is going to haunt us all offseason.

Yeah.

/see avatar.

Your avatar says Bring Back Butch. The game you reference gives me no reason to BBB. Richt not only beat GT this year, he's beat them 19 times including his OC days at FSU. What is Butch's record against GT?

/see avatar.

/see avatar

Butch would Botch the game against GT and several other Coastal teams that he'd lost to while at UNC.

**** Pitt qb Nathan peterman 19-27 289 yards 5tds against Clemson.

Pitt puts up points man.

Great OC. Maximizes their talent. So much pre-snap motion you'll get hypnotized.

Imagine if we ran anything remotely close to their Offense. We'd be competing every year. I ****ing love their Offense. Instead, we run an Offense where there is no motion, our offense runs everything very linear (north/south) and we throw 40 yard passes on 3rd and 3. We run a Offense that lacks an incredible amount of creativity. So frustrating.

Creativity?I Wanna see you name another team that calls a hail Mary on 3rd and short at least 3 times a game lol

Advertisement

/see avatar.

/see avatar

Butch would Botch the game against GT and several other Coastal teams that he'd lost to while at UNC.

Lol

I don't get these Botch people.. Dude will never again be the HC at Miami.. Ima go to my grave happy knowing these clowns won't get their wish.. Grining ear to ear RN

We did, but if we're being honest, they left at least 2 TD's on the board tho w some drops.

Just like we left points on the board with 2 dropped td passes by coley and Harris as well as the foul they called on coley when njoku scored

Not an indictment of our Offense or our D. I'm just saying their offense is prolific and shoulda scored more against us.
Maybe are defense just played good for the most part against them. They do got a good system going on offense though

These drops were wide open WRs who would've literally walked in had they caught it. Perfect throws. Perfect position. Just absolute Butterfinger drops. The equivalent of missing a fast break lay up if you will.

I love our Defense, but we got lucky on those plays.

Mullins dropped a pass while inside of the TD...Coley got a ghost Pass interference all when we DID score....If you're going to account for their missed opportunities don't forget about ours also....Heck...we could say THEY got lucky because we had a miscommunication in our DB's and gave them a walk in TD on that long pass to the WR down the sideline who was 20 yards away from any defender. Plain and simple, we beat their *** on both sides of the ball, and with BOTH teams making mistakes that took points off the board, we were the better team that day.

Advertisement
Just like we left points on the board with 2 dropped td passes by coley and Harris as well as the foul they called on coley when njoku scored

Not an indictment of our Offense or our D. I'm just saying their offense is prolific and shoulda scored more against us.
Maybe are defense just played good for the most part against them. They do got a good system going on offense though

These drops were wide open WRs who would've literally walked in had they caught it. Perfect throws. Perfect position. Just absolute Butterfinger drops. The equivalent of missing a fast break lay up if you will.

I love our Defense, but we got lucky on those plays.

Mullins dropped a pass while inside of the TD...Coley got a ghost Pass interference all when we DID score....If you're going to account for their missed opportunities don't forget about ours also....Heck...we could say THEY got lucky because we had a miscommunication in our DB's and gave them a walk in TD on that long pass to the WR down the sideline who was 20 yards away from any defender. Plain and simple, we beat their *** on both sides of the ball, and with BOTH teams making mistakes that took points off the board, we were the better team that day.

Nobody's denying we beat their ***.

The point is their offense is legit and scores points, and the only reason they didn't score more on is (Not even saying they would've won) is bc of their miscues not ours. It's about Pitts Offense, not MUd defense.

The defense was decimated by injuries and it was our 3rd game in 12 days. Our losses that really hurt are ND, UNC & FSU

Agree and I was in Blacksburg for game. Thursday night there is crazy. Everything was working against us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back