GT info/Miami info

Did the Germans sit with guys at Pearl Harbor before they bombed them? The **** You Want Cuh

FIFY

Neg me for missing the sarcasm in that, but you can't be serious right?

It's a quote from Animal House. You must be 20 years old.

I'll be 50 next year. I've seen animal house, wasn't all that impressed so that's why I don't know the quote. I'm sure glad it's that tho.

Note to self: Do not ask movingzen for movie reviews.

Advertisement
GT fan here. Not on here to start anything. Just wondering if y'all have any info on your team, what positions should GT worry about, what are the weaker positions etc. what worries do the fans have about GT or confidence? Do y'all have any injuries of guys that will miss against GT?

I'll give some info on GT, I'm of the belief most fan bases know nothing about the fan base they are playing unless they have studied the them.

GT is pretty strong on the OL our LG was an espn 300 player and has already received ACC OL of the week once this year, our center has also won that award and our 6"7 RT has won that award this year. So 3 of our 4 games we have had an OL win the ACC OL of the week award. Our tackles on offense would probably be our weaker spots. We had three injured OL guys out recently, but 2 of them are back and maybe all 3. Our QB is very good in our system, our Bback is a strong runner but sometimes dances at the hole to much. Our WR's are very good blockers but aren't these all star type guys in the passing game, although they have pretty sure hands. AB's haven't done much because teams are selling out to stop the ball on the perimeter.

On D our strength is the secondary. DE is getting better for us compared to prior years. DT's aren't anything special but they have improved majorly from last year. LB's need to get their eyes better because they keep getting out of place.

IMO this is a game that could go anyway, and shouldn't be a cakewalk for either team. I think the costal will come down to GT, Miami, or VT.

If y'all have any questions I will try to answer.

disgstd.gif

GT fan here. Not on here to start anything. Just wondering if y'all have any info on your team, what positions should GT worry about, what are the weaker positions etc. what worries do the fans have about GT or confidence? Do y'all have any injuries of guys that will miss against GT?

I'll give some info on GT, I'm of the belief most fan bases know nothing about the fan base they are playing unless they have studied the them.

GT is pretty strong on the OL our LG was an espn 300 player and has already received ACC OL of the week once this year, our center has also won that award and our 6"7 RT has won that award this year. So 3 of our 4 games we have had an OL win the ACC OL of the week award. Our tackles on offense would probably be our weaker spots. We had three injured OL guys out recently, but 2 of them are back and maybe all 3. Our QB is very good in our system, our Bback is a strong runner but sometimes dances at the hole to much. Our WR's are very good blockers but aren't these all star type guys in the passing game, although they have pretty sure hands. AB's haven't done much because teams are selling out to stop the ball on the perimeter.

On D our strength is the secondary. DE is getting better for us compared to prior years. DT's aren't anything special but they have improved majorly from last year. LB's need to get their eyes better because they keep getting out of place.

IMO this is a game that could go anyway, and shouldn't be a cakewalk for either team. I think the costal will come down to GT, Miami, or VT.

Is Marshall the best QB PJ has ever had? He's looked great in both games I've watched.
Still a little to early to tell. Justin Thomas was pretty good. I do like that Marshall gets down hill better than Thomas did though.

Thanks for the inquiry. Miami probably has better athletes at every position than GT. But, Johnson's system is designed to overcome that. Much like every game that GT plays, this one will be won by Miami provided the players just "do their jobs" and do not make mistakes being overly aggressive.

That having been said. Miami is on the verge of an exceptional season. That may explain why our fan base is so salty now. Our preseason worries about the new QB seem to have been for naught. We are NFL deep at WR and the most explosive guys are still very young. AR15 will be a 10 year starter on Sundays. Berrios has shown a remarkable ability to make important catches. Walton, an NFL RB is out but his backup may be more explosive at the college level. The thing that makes me feel the best about the Canes is that after half-time we have been nearly unstoppable while our opponents have had a difficult time moving the ball in the second half. That indicates to me that our current coaches know what they are doing and make good adjustments. I would point out that CMR has dealt very successfully with GT while he was at UGa. Good luck with the rest of your season, but for this game I hope you get blown out!!!!!! GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree Miami has better athletes at almost every position except for about 7. We have two pretty good safeties, 1 who our coach says could end up being the best safety to play at GT, he was the Georgia Gatorade player of the year his senior year in high school. We also have a 4 star CB who is currently ranked as the second most efficient CB in the ACC, of course its behind yalls guy. We also have a pass rush guy who led the ACC in QB hurries last year and has 3 sacks in 4 games this year. One of our other DE's are pretty good too but he's still growing into his own. I would also say for our system our QB runs it as well as yalls QB runs the Miami offense. Our GCG combo is really good as well, an espn 300 player, and center who our coach says might end up being one of our best to play center and a guard who is 6"7 who was a 4 star and top 300 player.

He's a good QB for the system, but doesn't he put the ball on the turf a lot? That might work against the teams you've played, but Miami feasts on fumbles.

We get a chain and everything.

He's a good QB for the system, but doesn't he put the ball on the turf a lot? That might work against the teams you've played, but Miami feasts on fumbles.

I think he's lost 2 this year.

Advertisement

Is Marshall the best QB PJ has ever had? He's looked great in both games I've watched.
Still a little to early to tell. Justin Thomas was pretty good. I do like that Marshall gets down hill better than Thomas did though.

Thanks for the inquiry. Miami probably has better athletes at every position than GT. But, Johnson's system is designed to overcome that. Much like every game that GT plays, this one will be won by Miami provided the players just "do their jobs" and do not make mistakes being overly aggressive.

That having been said. Miami is on the verge of an exceptional season. That may explain why our fan base is so salty now. Our preseason worries about the new QB seem to have been for naught. We are NFL deep at WR and the most explosive guys are still very young. AR15 will be a 10 year starter on Sundays. Berrios has shown a remarkable ability to make important catches. Walton, an NFL RB is out but his backup may be more explosive at the college level. The thing that makes me feel the best about the Canes is that after half-time we have been nearly unstoppable while our opponents have had a difficult time moving the ball in the second half. That indicates to me that our current coaches know what they are doing and make good adjustments. I would point out that CMR has dealt very successfully with GT while he was at UGa. Good luck with the rest of your season, but for this game I hope you get blown out!!!!!! GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree Miami has better athletes at almost every position except for about 7. We have two pretty good safeties, 1 who our coach says could end up being the best safety to play at GT, he was the Georgia Gatorade player of the year his senior year in high school. We also have a 4 star CB who is currently ranked as the second most efficient CB in the ACC, of course its behind yalls guy. We also have a pass rush guy who led the ACC in QB hurries last year and has 3 sacks in 4 games this year. One of our other DE's are pretty good too but he's still growing into his own. I would also say for our system our QB runs it as well as yalls QB runs the Miami offense. Our GCG combo is really good as well, an espn 300 player, and center who our coach says might end up being one of our best to play center and a guard who is 6"7 who was a 4 star and top 300 player.

I'll give you credit for having thick skin! Now how bout an answer on conditioning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westendzone.com has better posters for these kind of stuff. You're welcome.

WEZ doesn't put up with **** like this for a single moment.

And you know better.

Calm down old man, my post clearly went over your head.

I think he's lost 2 this year.

I know. I'm looking at total fumbles. We're better at recovering more than any other team you've played.

Advertisement
Miami R O L L S @ home. You think you guys are gonna come in and give us a game at hard rock? Bish please. There is a new sheriff in the coastal. Y'all had plenty of opportunity to do something with that 1980s gimmick offense that we exploit year in and year out while we were down.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

I'll give you credit for having thick skin! Now how bout an answer on conditioning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol I brush stuff off pretty easy. But we seem to be conditioned pretty good. We are 3rd nationally on drives over 3 minutes, so that helps. It's been pretty hot and humid in ATL as well but nothing like Miami.

Advertisement

Thanks for the insight, this isn't the easiest CANE board to visit and you're probably getting a little more grief because of threads like these below. Game could go either way. What's tech's conditioning like? It has been brutally hot in SFL so far this Oct.

https://stingtalk.com/board/threads/miami-fans.94676/

https://stingtalk.com/board/threads/things-in-which-miami-is-back.94695/

https://stingtalk.com/board/threads/marc-richt-get-your-mind-rite-str8-up.94596/

A tinge of racism here, which is strange considering GT is in Atlanta.

Makes sense... GT kids like to stay in their bubble, avoid interacting with black people (and girls)

Advertisement
Back