GT Game. Tailgate info needed?

WestGaCane

Sophomore
Anyone ever tailgate at GT? I always go when the Canes come to Atl. Never tailgate up there though. Plan on doing so this year. Got a group of about 6/8. Not real sure where the Canes fan tailgate at. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Advertisement
If there is a reason to TG, their will be family freindly tailgates and Canes rendevouz.

We could very likely have 4 losses by that game, so I doubt plans are in effect yet.

4 losses or not, still planing on going and tailgating. Just wondered if there was a visitors section for this, guess i should go ask the people on GT's Board.

Advertisement
Anyone ever tailgate at GT? I always go when the Canes come to Atl. Never tailgate up there though. Plan on doing so this year. Got a group of about 6/8. Not real sure where the Canes fan tailgate at. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance!!!!

In 2012, I tailgated with other 'Canes/Cane Fans (mostly former UM Rugby Club members) in the vicinity of the Wells Fargo Bank off Tech Pkwy NW, West of Bobby Dodd Stadium. Interestingly enough, started out on the East side, walked over the I-85 overpass near The Varsity. Lots of GT tailgaters on the overpass. Next, went through Frat row on Techwood NW, past the stadium. Didn't here a peep of "negativity" the whole way :noidea:

Son is a member of the Atlanta Alumni Assoc. Says there is suppossed to be a Canes rally in town on Friday night, but I don't know where just yet.

Will be there too...regardless of our record. Gotta catch them boys anytime they come into town. At the very least I can annoy some techies

TreOfive. Did you tailgate there before? If so , any info to share? Last time we had a large crowd of Canes fans in the seats.

Advertisement
Party at The Big Kahuna on Friday night 303 Peachtree. Saturday the tailgate is at Bank of America on Spring Street. Always rockin'.

Been there, but have not tailgated there before. I'll be there. With plus at least two, maybe 4 more. One of the Marriotts downtown.

I'll be rooting for Miami. Not sure if that bothers you.

TreOfive. Did you tailgate there before? If so , any info to share? Last time we had a large crowd of Canes fans in the seats.

Last two times they have played in ATL I have hung out in and around Tech but have not tailgated. Thinking of tailgating this year, don't know yet, might hangout in downtown decatur then take MARTA to game. Seems like the Bank of America on Spring Street is where some cane fans will be.

Thanks in advance!!!!

was there 2012 not sure of street but one over from the varsity, was in a suntrust parking lot filled the whole place up, was with canefreak and his bros,had a blast there was multipul grills going chipped in $20 ate and drank plenty, next to the lot was a parking deck the coh crew were up on top hung out with them for a while then heading on in for the cane march

Advertisement

Thanks in advance!!!!

was there 2012 not sure of street but one over from the varsity, was in a suntrust parking lot filled the whole place up, was with canefreak and his bros,had a blast there was multipul grills going chipped in $20 ate and drank plenty, next to the lot was a parking deck the coh crew were up on top hung out with them for a while then heading on in for the cane march

Yes we have tailgated here the last 2 times. Right across the interstate east of the stadium. Plan on being there again this year or in the lots below. There is a walkway under the intrerstate right htere you come out on the NE corner of the stadium.

Advertisement
West GA. Cane! the link below will help u and all interested in tailgating with us right there next to GT. My Family and Friends will be grilling next to our camper in the RV parking section # W01, visitors side which is on the north bound side of Tech Parkway across from the Wells Fargo. I look forwards to seeking 'Canes fans galore! Always good not feeling so outnumbered. Just $40.00 bucks on their RV parking website to park any trailer which includes towing vehicle or camper. Be there at 5pm day before, otherwise it's first come first serve cash on morning of. All are welcome to call or text me if you need my help. I'll be there again on the Friday night b4 the game. Go 'Canes!!! Hope to see plenty of Orange & Green! http://pts.gatech.edu/subsite1/Pages/Football-Parking.aspx

Parked by Wells Fargo off Tech pkwy and there were a good number of canes fans there. Hope to make it out this year

Well , it looks like the Wells Fargo is the place to be. Anyone have an address for the one i should be looking for, so i can punch it in the GPS?

Advertisement
Back