GT Game 3 for the series

It’s a figurative use of the word and you’re either too hung up on Lance or too obtuse to know the difference. Chill the freak out.

Actually, he expanded on it when he talked about pecking away with two strikes, and he talked about being aggressive early, so he wrote exactly what he meant. I responded by saying that people don't "refuse" to throw strikes. They sometimes just can't throw strikes.

It's gonna be a long year if you're going to go after guys for talking baseball while CTCANE takes a personal shot at me in 75% of his posts.

Advertisement
And that baseball discussion is exactly why Lance Roffers refuses to read it. He can't stand being questioned, like in last year's "BIG FINISH" thread.

Please, tell us more about those pitchers who refuse to throw strikes.

That game was this team in a nutshell. The first eight innings is probably the best we’ve played all season, and shows exactly how good we can be. The ninth with that awful error by Cloonan and bullpen issues exposed our main flaws once again.

Ultimately a good series win against a team that should be in the hunt for a tournament spot. 12-3 (2-1 ACC) is a position I would have taken without any questions at the beginning of the season.

Advertisement
And that baseball discussion is exactly why Lance Roffers refuses to read it. He can't stand being questioned, like in last year's "BIG FINISH" thread.

Please, tell us more about those pitchers who refuse to throw strikes.
Is this real? Pitchers make a living by not throwing strikes to certain batters. The term junk ball pitcher pretty much describes them. One of the greatest pitchers ever did it constantly....Greg Maddux.

Advertisement
Is this real? Pitchers make a living by not throwing strikes to certain batters. The term junk ball pitcher pretty much describes them. One of the greatest pitchers ever did it constantly....Greg Maddux.

You're missing the point. He is claiming that our guys are refusing to throw strikes when they ONLY NEED to throw strikes. Those guys still throw "strikes" because they know people will swing at their stuff. Read his post again.

Greg Maddux. SMDH.

Advertisement
You're missing the point. He is claiming that our guys are refusing to throw strikes when they ONLY NEED to throw strikes. Those guys still throw "strikes" because they know people will swing at their stuff. Read his post again.

Greg Maddux. SMDH.

That groan you heard all the way from Missouri was due to me making the mistake of clicking on your post. The reason you are on ignore is because of posts like this.

That groan you heard all the way from Missouri was due to me making the mistake of clicking on your post. The reason you are on ignore is because of posts like this.

I love the fact that this guy refuses to talk baseball since he is getting shredded. This is what happens when the front office types try to insert themselves into the game.

Please, please tell us more about how Maury “refused” to throw strikes.

Advertisement
Cloonan and Rivera both delivered in big spots yesterday. Let it ride.

Here is a picture of the gnome ("Jagr") after Zamora hit the "walk-off" homerun on Saturday....

Not being able to throw strikes isn't about aggressiveness, it's about ability. Maury allowed two walks, a single, and a wild pitch because he had no command, not because he wasn't being "aggressive". The one and only mission with a 9-2 lead in the ninth is to throw strikes, and he couldn't do it.

Ron Fraser rule no 1.: "you don't need to throw 95mph if you keep it at the knees and throw strikes"

Ron Fraser rule no. 2: "stick to rule no. 1"

Advertisement
Back