GT Game 3 for the series

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great win and great series win, despite the finish. I'll let Lance summarize, but I am hoping Zamora's walk-off last night is our UF series in reverse.

Arteaga needs to address the "bull-pen".

That should be our strength. Not sure what is wrong. Cook, Maury and Federman are very good pitchers. Not sure what is hindering them....

Veliz fell apart yesterday as well. He was formerly a starter and a good one at that.

Maybe it is early, but our former strength is now our weakness.

Advertisement
Great win and great series win, despite the finish. I'll let Lance summarize, but I am hoping Zamora's walk-off last night is our UF series in reverse.

The finish has to be addressed, starting with almost stranding bases loaded with 0 outs absent one wild pitch. I also think DiMare needs to hold off on the mindset of let's get some young unproven guys some work out of the pen until maybe he has some 15-2 games. Very happy to get the win, though it should have never been in doubt.

Arteaga needs to address the "bull-pen".

That should be our strength. Not sure what is wrong. Cook, Maury and Federman are very good pitchers. Not sure what is hindering them....

Veliz fell apart yesterday as well. He was formerly a starter and a good one at that.

Maybe it is early, but our former strength is now our weakness.

I agree. The potential is there, but they've got to throw strikes. JD's one of the best in the biz, so I hope he gets them going. Cook actually looked fine; at least he only walked one.

I hate this bullpen. Cost us at least one game and today/FIU were just awful.

We can really hit this year, and the starting pitching has been excellent, but late game pitching and poor fielding will probably keep this team from being a Regional host

Advertisement
Well, that 9th inning was interesting.

I’ll do a Diamond Notes, but it stinks Miami has to sort of spur an excellent series win with a 9th inning like that. We saw a similar 9th last year (though even more disastrous). We saw another game get tighter than needed in the 9th due to lackadaisical play.

Some of this is mindset in my view, where we need guys to grind a bit more and not ease up like they have been doing. Some of it is just a complete refusal to throw strikes. It is a personal pet peeve to see pitchers pick once they get to 0-2 and let hitters get back in the count.

That rally doesn’t happen if the pitchers simply got aggressive and threw strikes before that carnival got started.

That rally doesn’t happen if the pitchers simply got aggressive and threw strikes before that carnival got started.

Not being able to throw strikes isn't about aggressiveness, it's about ability. Maury allowed two walks, a single, and a wild pitch because he had no command, not because he wasn't being "aggressive". The one and only mission with a 9-2 lead in the ninth is to throw strikes, and he couldn't do it.

Advertisement
Shet.
Just got home.
Next time I'm going right to the last page to get the score.
Reading through those posts during the 9th was painful.

Advertisement
Back