GT by the numbers

Advertisement
The Mario firing Gatass during the season was discussed in depth. Many couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t/didn’t but only Mario knows why. The situation could be, and was, looked at from many different perspectives.

Haven’t taken a deep dive into GT’s situation but their D’s performance thus far as been ***. It would be just speculation as to why their HC made this move now.
Right… and I can see why not firing mid season would be something he was against for a couple of reasons. But Gattis definitely deserved a mid season demotion.

He could’ve let Ponce call plays and it couldn’t have been worse? Or could it? Lol.

Water under the bridge at this point but when I see HCs make these kind of decisions I get it and I respect it… especially if they are having conversations along the way with their staff about it being a possibility and the reason why.

But who’s to know.

Mario is just going to lean on them until they show they can stop us. I do want to make sure Dawson is airing it out also - especially with who will be in attendance.

45-20 UM
Up 28-10 at the half

Advertisement
OffenseRanking
Total Offense8
Scoring Offense49
Passing Offense17
Rushing Offense35
3rd Down Offense21
Red Zone Offense115
Sacks Allowed29
Team Passing Efficiency30
DefenseRanking
Total Defense115
Scoring Defense103
Red Zone Defense119
3rd Down Defense76
First Downs Defense103
Passing Yards Allowed38
Rushing Defense128
Team Passing Efficiency Defense65

Advertisement
You would think with the new DC and other changes being made that GT will load the box or run blitz a bunch to fix the biggest problem they have which is stopping the run but if they do that TVD will kill them so let them pick their poison.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like that the HC did this… was hoping that MC did the same with Gattis last season. He kind of discussed “being respectful of coaches and their careers” after the change but I’d like to know what CIS thoughts are on it?

I can see both sides but if a guy is in over his head do you let him run your offense or defense in the ground out of respect for him?
Mario made terrible hires last year and great ones this year. Not going to second guess timing of how he did it since it is working this year and can’t change what happened last year

Advertisement
Back