Growth

hcanes100

24k+ of useless posts
Premium
So everyone is down about this team barely winning against UNC.

I'm looking at the season as a whole, not a static look at one game.

• We are 1.5 years removed from Cancer Surgery (getting rid of Golden)
  • The talent left by the previous regime was abysmal at best, horrible at worst
  • We had a huge whole in recruiting, we were a joke and used by many of the other big players in the game to use as leverage. We didn't get good looks at kids in our own back yard.
  • Last year's team would have lost 3-4 of these games

This year, we are learning to win these games that we had instilled in ourselves that we were going to lose. This is part of the growth that is going on that we are rebuilding. Let's not kid ourselves, we have to be stoked that we are even in this position to begin with. Many of us there looking at 3-4 losses. We may still get those, but it is still more promising that most have dreamed.

This team lost it's best player on offense, Walton loss was real and Homer is no Walton. Richards hasn't been right all year, and I don't expect anything out of him. We ought to just bench him and let him get whatever is ailing him right. It is doing the team and him any good stringing him along to get nicked up each game. Don't play him again till he is 100%.

We are getting mileage out of folks like Berrios. Don't get me wrong, they finally have put him in the right position to perform; however, we are depending on a guy like Berrios and Rosier shows you were we are still talent wise. Neither are decent backups on other top 20 teams. Our OL has under performed and needs help. They are flat out the worst part of this team right now, in that they are not making crap for running lanes. Single handed the most disappointing thing to me at where we are in the season, no doubt.

Our D line has outperformed our wildest dreams. Coach Kool is worth every fuggin penny he gets. Diaz is a gambler, and he too is performing with lack of talent. We got the LB talent we need, over performing at the DT position, and our DE are doing what we expect, but our DBs are not talented and young too.

TE, lord help us if Herdon goes down, and he isn't uber talented and we underutilized him early in the season. Our punter is garbage.

So I am kinda happy with the luck *** 7-0 at where we are in overall growth. If we pull in the class we have on paper, I see a clear step to the next step.

We still have a huge opportunity for this season, 100 other teams would die to be in the position this team is. What do I want to see going forward for this season? Continual growth.
What does that mean. Make the most out of every opportunity we find ourselves in. Never give up on even the worst situation.

What do I think happens. I think we beat VT, lose to ND. I think we goto the ACC Championship game for the first time, and we should enjoy the **** out of that. I think that Clemson wins that game, and we goto a better bowl than anything we have been too in the last 15 years. I hope we are competitive and I get a chance to enjoy that game in person.

Anything below that would be a lack of growth and Richt should look at making changes to ensure we grow more.

Advertisement
"DB's are not talented and young too?"
Assuming you meant young and talented.. ?

Horrible post. Berrios would start for almost any team in America. Our d line is one of the deepest in the country. Our corners are very good.

You are missing the fact that our offensive scheme and play calling is horrid. No motion, no jet sweeps, no play action, no bunch formations, no misdirection, etc. We just line up and run unimaginative routes against an all out blitz or hand the ball off against a loaded box with no QB or jet sweep threat to run.

Horrible post. Berrios would start for almost any team in America. Our d line is one of the deepest in the country. Our corners are very good.

You are missing the fact that our offensive scheme and play calling is horrid. No motion, no jet sweeps, no play action, no bunch formations, no misdirection, etc. We just line up and run unimaginative routes against an all out blitz or hand the ball off against a loaded box with no QB or jet sweep threat to run.

You obviously do not understand that we run an RPO offense 75% of the time and not designed plays that would do these things....

My post gave props to the DL and Kool, but you read it as a negative.

Then say my post was horrible. mmmkay.

You obviously do not understand that we run an RPO offense 75% of the time and not designed plays that would do these things....

My post gave props to the DL and Kool, but you read it as a negative.

Then say my post was horrible. mmmkay.
Then we need to run a different O.

Advertisement
The RPO is horrible, scrap it. Two years in a row our offense has been horrible! We were better last year at the end when we were blowing teams like this out. It is impossible to run the read option with a QB who can't run (Malik was hobbled today and is an average runner when healthy). UNC did a lot more with less today. Their scheme had us running all over the place not knowing who to defend, hence why the QB draw was open all the time.

The RPO is horrible, scrap it. Two years in a row our offense has been horrible! We were better last year at the end when we were blowing teams like this out. It is impossible to run the read option with a QB who can't run (Malik was hobbled today and is an average runner when healthy). UNC did a lot more with less today. Their scheme had us running all over the place not knowing who to defend, hence why the QB draw was open all the time.

I'm not a fan of the RPO myself. Rosier does better with designed plays, plus it gets the TE position involved more than RPO. I agree with to a point.

The reason I think they run the RPO option so much is that it keeps the defense off the field with short quick plays. It helps the QB out of trouble by making them look at the defense and understand what they are showing, instead of locking into a play and getting t'ed off on it. It is in my opinion a training wheels type of offense for young and inexperience type of players and hinders skilled players and uber talented players.

Just my take, I think it is a trying to play it too safe type of situation.

Advertisement
Back