Off-Topic Grocery shelf’s empty

GOCANES05

Recruit
Isn’t it all full weird seeing empty shelves in every store you visit.

Just had to mention it scares me to see this , does this strike anyone as something you wouldn’t see in this country, 21/2 years ago thriving now Venezuela sad stuff.

Advertisement
Right now it's probably more hurricane related.

Right now it's probably more hurricane related.
Certainly has made it worse. Though even before there had been shortages of random items the past two years. Been seeing farmers warn of food shortages coming this winter for months now.

Advertisement
I'd say when I go the grocery store it's about 50/50 that they'll have milk, eggs, bread or peanut butter. It's pretty wild.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 1.33.39 PM.png

Advertisement
Its a combo of product shortage and people buying groceries for many months ahead.

Its gonna get more fun in winter. I wonder if I actually have to work the full month or if at some point electricity will run out.

ZERO eggs here at the local super walmart, ZERO

3 packs of cheese basically

2 boxes of mac n cheese

Advertisement
Shelves always pretty fully stocked here in Maryland at my Safeway and Harris-Teeter. Don't know about Walmart.

There are empty spots here in WalMart not because of supply shortages but because they can’t hire enough people to stock the shelves. There’s a regional grocer with about 100 stores that have required their supervisors and managers to stock shelves for the same issue - can’t hire enough people.

Advertisement
There are empty spots here in WalMart not because of supply shortages but because they can’t hire enough people to stock the shelves. There’s a regional grocer with about 100 stores that have required their supervisors and managers to stock shelves for the same issue - can’t hire enough people.

This may be what it is, Winn Dixie had plenty of everything. Publix I won't comment because ***** that place. I worked there for 2 years and that company is beyond corrupt. I personally over saw fraud in that place for a year. If you guys think the front they put on is legit, you might as well believe al golden isnt a use car salesman

I'm kind of curious of your experiences. Is this a Florida thing? I'm in MD and I go to Giant, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and have found virtually no issues the past several months. Plenty of everything and if something is low in stock, it will be in stock within days.

Advertisement
Back