gridironnow.com anthony-mcfarland-jr-recruiting Interview.

Advertisement
“You can’t go wrong with Maryland,” McFarland Jr. said. “That’s where I’m from and that’s where I was born. The coaching staff is amazing and College Park has changed. Just looking at all the pros and cons, there’s really nothing bad about Maryland.”

What is "amazing" about their coaching staff? Durkin has a 6-7 career record as a head coach. The rest of their staff are a bunch of no names from directional schools.

Looks like an Al Golden quality staff.

Their RB coach is from Arkansas St. Has no resume and he is not even recruiting McFarland.

He also says that College Park has "changed"? What does that mean?

It's kind of a joke this thing is lingering.

Advertisement
It concerns me that this is actually a decision.

Makes me think McFarland isn't as mentally tough as we need. Hope I'm wrong.

man, they guilt-tripped the **** out of him to stay home with family. If he can't leave the next, maybe he's not the right type of RB we need like Al Foil said because he's whupped.

I just can't imagine staying on a team that puts virtually no players on offense into the league vs. us.

Miami puts rbs in the league like nobody else. Richt puts rbs in the league like nobody else. Is this really a decision

It concerns me that this is actually a decision.

Makes me think McFarland isn't as mentally tough as we need. Hope I'm wrong.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. If we're all being real, the only thing that Maryland should have working in its favor at this point is being close to home. Literally EVERYTHING else points to Miami, which makes me think either the kid is mentally weak like you say, or the family is putting serious pressure on him to stay home.

Just doesn't make much sense to me considering he has been quite obviously with Miami for a while now. You really can't even say it's the same as a kid staying home for Miami, because even as bad as we have been, we are still a far cry from being ******* Maryland. Just seems like the family must be straight up guilting the kid into staying home. Could be wrong, but not much else really makes sense here IMO.

Advertisement
Ryan "Hacker" Green (the guy that did the interview) is on 1010 in Jax & still thinks he's Miami bound. McFarland talked a ton about how much he loves Richt & Brown.

I'm hoping he pushed the decision back as a courtesy to Maryland.

The fact he is ready to announce again on Friday and that he is letting Brown do his visit is a good thing.

“You can’t go wrong with Maryland,” McFarland Jr. said. “That’s where I’m from and that’s where I was born. The coaching staff is amazing and College Park has changed. Just looking at all the pros and cons, there’s really nothing bad about Maryland.”

What is "amazing" about their coaching staff? Durkin has a 6-7 career record as a head coach. The rest of their staff are a bunch of no names from directional schools.

Looks like an Al Golden quality staff.

Their RB coach is from Arkansas St. Has no resume and he is not even recruiting McFarland.

He also says that College Park has "changed"? What does that mean?

It's kind of a joke this thing is lingering.

Allow me to translate that for you. "College Park has changed." - It's not quite as bad of a cesspool dump as it used to be. "Just looking at the pros and cons, there's really nothing bad about Maryland." - The best and nicest thing I can say about UMaryland is to say there's nothing bad about it.

Kid grew up in Maryland, knows the school is a dump, and can't wait to get out. All Cane.

Advertisement
Ryan "Hacker" Green (the guy that did the interview) is on 1010 in Jax & still thinks he's Miami bound. McFarland talked a ton about how much he loves Richt & Brown.

tampatony21, you live in Jax bro? I'm trying to move down there from MD. Phuckin sick of these winters... How you like south GA?

After reading this article, my jitters are gone, thanks OP. Kid is just doing Durkin and all his neighbors and friends a favor, making it look like he would even consider Maryland. BTW, this is also why I think DSmith is a silent to Miami. It can be a lot of **** pressure on these kids from friends, teachers and family when they leave town. Back to Mac.., he's all Cane. Settle down people. Al Golden is gone, gone, gone.

man, they guilt-tripped the **** out of him to stay home with family. If he can't leave the next, maybe he's not the right type of RB we need like Al Foil said because he's whupped.

I just can't imagine staying on a team that puts virtually no players on offense into the league vs. us.

its his home town and a kid always want the best for CLEVELAND!!! THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

Advertisement
reading this interview, his comments about maryland are pretty generic... i'm leaning towards the idea that he delayed the announcement just to get maryland's people off his back and he should be coming here unless he further buckles under the pressure to stay home

tampatony21, you live in Jax bro? I'm trying to move down there from MD. Phuckin sick of these winters... How you like south GA?

After reading this article, my jitters are gone, thanks OP. Kid is just doing Durkin and all his neighbors and friends a favor, making it look like he would even consider Maryland. BTW, this is also why I think DSmith is a silent to Miami. It can be a lot of **** pressure on these kids from friends, teachers and family when they leave town. Back to Mac.., he's all Cane. Settle down people. Al Golden is gone, gone, gone.

Yeah I grew up here before moving to Tampa, & after high school/college ended up moving back. I like it but the city is really spread out. There's a lot to do (beach, riverside historic area with tons of bars/restaurants, south side area is pretty nice too) you just have to know what you're looking for. PM me if you have any questions!

Advertisement
Back