Greg Olsen Retires

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really had wish he gotten a ring b4 hanging em up. Always got love for Greg w/ the 3rd leg. My Bears drafted him & almost f’d his career off. Glad he went to Carolina & was recognized as one of the best TEs among his contemporaries. Seattle **** the bed this yr, but the guy was all class & talent.

Looking forward to hearing him on Fox.

Think he should have a chance at the Hall? Maybe not first ballot but strong career

3x Pro Bowler
4th most receptions by TE
5th most yards by TE
8th most TD by TE

It’s already hard as is for TEs; don’t think he’ll make it. Some injuries derailed some promising seasons, and as previously posted, Chicago wasted him for his first 3 yrs. Hall of Fame talent, but don’t think he’ll be there; more like hall of very good

Advertisement
It’s already hard as is for TEs; don’t think he’ll make it. Some injuries derailed some promising seasons, and as previously posted, Chicago wasted him for his first 3 yrs. Hall of Fame talent, but don’t think he’ll be there; more like hall of very good
I agree. I call guys like that “Ring of Honor” good. I don’t think he gets in either, but I think he would have had better numbers if not for the Bears and those injuries.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As stated already, it's very difficult for TE's to make the Hall. No ring doesn't help. Winning Man of the Year does. But I think the argument for him is that he ushered in an era of pass-catching TE's the likes of which the league had never seen to the extent it exists today. Sure, he's not Tony Gonzalez, but given the all-time numbers and what's happening with the position anymore, I'd say he's got a 50/50 shot.

Being on fox broadcast team will absolutely factor in as well. He will get the benefit of the doubt and get in IMO.

Advertisement
Back