Greg Olsen - good read

jdg3158

Recruit
Premium
Advertisement
Thought you might enjoy a good write up on another fantastic representative of the U. This is from the Fall in Vanity Fair on his broadcasting chops.

I think he’s **** good and already one of the best in the business. It’ll be interesting to see if Brady can hold his jock in the broadcast booth.

I think he’s **** good and already one of the best in the business. It’ll be interesting to see if Brady can hold his jock in the broadcast booth.

Hands down the best, imho.

Wouldn't ever want to sell TB12 short, but he's got a steep hill to climb to be as good as Greg Olsen.

NFL #1 color commentator rankings:
1. Olsen (FOX)
2. Aikman (ABC)
3. Romo (CBS)
4. Collinsworth (NBC)

This guy is gonna be HOF.
He will combine playing days w television.
His commentary is superb and going to be part of his resume for the Hall, whether player or personnel.

Advertisement
Thought you might enjoy a good write up on another fantastic representative of the U. This is from the Fall in Vanity Fair on his broadcasting chops.

He is correct.
Make yourself as close to indispensable as humanly possible...

Advertisement
I think one other morale to the story and I wish he came back to speak to the team is his intense preparation and ability to adjust for all types of games. He’s a grinder and his sheer hard work help propel him to being one of the best.

Hands down the best, imho.

Wouldn't ever want to sell TB12 short, but he's got a steep hill to climb to be as good as Greg Olsen.

NFL #1 color commentator rankings:
1. Olsen (FOX)
2. Aikman (ABC)
3. Romo (CBS)
4. Collinsworth (NBC)
Everybody has their own opinions, but Romo is a very hard listen, for me. He makes it difficult to enjoy the game. Just to many “ooooh Jim” type moments and not enough good thoughts, the last couple years

Olsen,has worked hard to get where he’s at-

He’s very good-Fox isn’t paying Brady all that money to do nothing-

It will be interesting to see what happens I hope it works out for Olsen in his favor.

Advertisement
They hate him up in the north east they say he’s the worst on the radio. All I ever hear is people complaining about him. Idk why, I think Romo is the best right now imo and I am a giants fan.

Everybody has their own opinions, but Romo is a very hard listen, for me. He makes it difficult to enjoy the game. Just to many “ooooh Jim” type moments and not enough good thoughts, the last couple years

One thing for sure is Olsen is definitely better than that annoying Josh Allen slurper Tony Romo

Yeah, Romo was almost unlistenable his first couple years — and it was made worse by how many in the media lavished praise on him.

Yo mutha****a, I don't need you to predict what every single play is going to be to prove you're the smartest (and most annoying) kid in the classroom. Just watch the game with the rest of us and give your 2 cents on what went down.

It also was irritating af that Romo made everything about the QB's as if the other 21 players on the field are just accessory pieces. I know some quarterbacks may tend to think that way, but that's not how football works (plus we got Peyton and Eli doing as much on Monday nights, but that's the whole pretense of their show and those two are actually funny as opposed to just annoying as Romo tended to be).

/end rant

To his credit, Romo has gotten better and toned down his act.

Still not on the same level as Olsen or even Aikman (who's great at just telling it like it is and doesn't give a **** if he hurts a player's or coach's feelings in the process).

Probably past time for Collinsworth to go, though. Wish TB12 would've signed with the NBC instead

Advertisement
Yeah, Romo was almost unlistenable his first couple years — and it was made worse by how many in the media lavished praise on him.

Yo mutha****a, I don't need you to predict what every single play is going to be to prove you're the smartest (and most annoying) kid in the classroom. Just watch the game with the rest of us and give your 2 cents on what went down.

It also was irritating af that Romo made everything about the QB's as if the other 21 players on the field are just accessory pieces. I know some quarterbacks may tend to think that way, but that's not how football works (plus we got Peyton and Eli doing as much on Monday nights, but that's the whole pretense of their show and those two are actually funny as opposed to just annoying as Romo tended to be).

/end rant

To his credit, Romo has gotten better and toned down his act.

Still not on the same level as Olsen or even Aikman (who's great at just telling it like it is and doesn't give a **** if he hurts a player's or coach's feelings in the process).

Probably past time for Collinsworth to go, though. Wish TB12 would've signed with the NBC instead
First time I listened to him I was amazed. He literally called out 90% of the opponents plays before they ran solely based off tendencies & formation's.

It confirmed the importance of film study & how many coordinators put their teams at a disadvantage.

Now doing it every game got old quick but the premise was good. I think his calling is in coaching tbh..

Good share man ...

First time I listened to him I was amazed. He literally called out 90% of the opponents plays before they ran solely based off tendencies & formation's.

It confirmed the importance of film study & how many coordinators put their teams at a disadvantage.

Now doing it every game got old quick but the premise was good. I think his calling is in coaching tbh..
Romo routinely predicted 2-3 different things at the same time and Nance would give him credit for landing one of them. He occasionally still does it. It makes it difficult to listen to the telecast.

(Maybe you’re going to respond to this post, maybe you’re not, maybe no one cares, maybe some do! We’ll see, Jim…)

Advertisement
Back