Greg Cote Column in Herald

the storm

Banned Under CIS Martial Law until 11/5/20
THIS says it all.....someone else please needs to link story, not my strong suit. Can't wait for Saturday. GO CANES!

:stormwarningflag-sm

Advertisement
Great article. I've always said that the Miami Hurricanes are the city of Miami's team more so than the school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good to see that an old-time newspaper column still works...Hot takes are great but lack soul...

Advertisement
I had no idea Cote was still alive and still at the herald

Greg Cote's a god, you buffoon. We're on the road to back for sure, we're not NC contenders this year, nor do we suck. Issue is that the fan base can only have it one way or the other.

Why do you call HIM a buffoon. There are four undefeated teams, including Miami, and two of them must play each other. There are 4 playoff spots. Hum, sounds like we are clearly contenders unless you are assuming we are going to lose. But, until or unless we do loose a game, we are not only contenders, but guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. Once there, we are the best suit to upset Bama or any other "top" team because we know how to win ugly.

I remember being 17 point underdog to NE before the 1st NC. Maybe you do not or were not born yet. We had no shot and lucky if the Greatest Team in History only beat us by 40 points. Mind you they came back twice and we held them off for the win -- because the Cane team knew how to win close games, NE had not had one. We beat FSU by making a long last second field goal in Tally to get into that Orange Bowl Game. This team reminds me of that team. Kosar was hardly a classic QB. Couldn't run and threw sidearm but had ice water for blood. I like our chance to start history over again. Keep the faith and enjoy this ride.

Advertisement
Its not just Miamis team, its the team of South Florida.
It's not just south Florida's team, it's Charleston, South Carolina's (where I live) team as well.

Great article. We are not back, because we haven't even arrived yet. That's the beauty of our season - we don't have enough scolly players, we are injured and banged up, our 2 deep is abysmal at best, and our qb is a one read and done monster. Yet we have the nations longest winning streak and are in the top 10.

We may not win the next 2, but we will compete in both. The future looks bright instead of bleak.

Go CANES

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

We're overachieving. We've had some things bounce our way. We were due. It's part of the game too. I get we are far from perfect, but for being 7-0 and on a 12 game win streak, I just don't get the vitriol, anger and defeatist attitudes. If you can't see the improvement, you're missing out. Losing like we were is the hardest thing to fix.

Advertisement
Back