Greatest thing rain has done in that stadium since

By the rain came we had figured out what they were doing

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We didn't stop the sweep or option all day, the rain came at the perfect time
They gained 141 yards on the first 2 drives rushing. It seems worse because they had the lead and it was frustrating

They also lost a possession by running the kickoff back to start the third qb. Which helps the d stats. But watch the replay , we didn't come close to stopping them until the rain.

The sweep wasnt stopped the entire day, not once. Then taking the option away with the rain you've taken 50 % of the playbook.

I mean I'm just being real, the rain saved us. But it's part of the home field advantage. And that's their fault for running that type of offense, rain is gonna happen.
They scored 14 points on their first 2 drives. And 10 the rest of the way. We slowed them down before halftime. I was at the game. The onside kick allowed them to continue trying to milk the clock and made us anxious for 3 and outs

Well we saw two different games then. After the first possession they went up and down the field until the rain. I actually posted in the gameday thread " thank god for the heavy rain".

They used dives first drive then realized that wasn't happening , then proceeded to kill us out side from then on. We never adjusted to that.

After the rain they weee at our mercy , they no longer had the option or outside game. We did the same thing on D all game we did last year, same alignments and strategy. And were gashed the same. Last year we just got multiple fumbles.

But we'll just disagree.

Advertisement
We didn't stop the sweep or option all day, the rain came at the perfect time
They gained 141 yards on the first 2 drives rushing. It seems worse because they had the lead and it was frustrating

They also lost a possession by running the kickoff back to start the third qb. Which helps the d stats. But watch the replay , we didn't come close to stopping them until the rain.

The sweep wasnt stopped the entire day, not once. Then taking the option away with the rain you've taken 50 % of the playbook.

I mean I'm just being real, the rain saved us. But it's part of the home field advantage. And that's their fault for running that type of offense, rain is gonna happen.
They scored 14 points on their first 2 drives. And 10 the rest of the way. We slowed them down before halftime. I was at the game. The onside kick allowed them to continue trying to milk the clock and made us anxious for 3 and outs

Well we saw two different games then. After the first possession they went up and down the field until the rain. I actually posted in the gameday thread " thank god for the heavy rain".

They used dives first drive then realized that wasn't happening , then proceeded to kill us out side from then on. We never adjusted to that.

After the rain they weee at our mercy , they no longer had the option or outside game. We did the same thing on D all game we did last year, same alignments and strategy. And were gashed the same. Last year we just got multiple fumbles.

But we'll just disagree.
Ok. Here is what I'll say. Go look at when the rain started falling and see what we did after their second drive until then.

But we'll just disagree.
Ok. Here is what I'll say. Go look at when the rain started falling and see what we did after their second drive until then.

I'm pretty sure they only had one possession in the second half before the rain ( not counting kickoff),It was 60-70 yards and took almost SEVEN minutes off the clock , they got a fg. Then the rain. Game over.

How many people were at yesterday’s game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50,000. It was a good crowd. Loud in important moments.

ESPN reported it as 55,799 for a capacity of 65,326 or 85%. Reported numbers include ticket holders who didn't show up, so the stadium was probably 65% full vs 85% full. The key was that all the fans there stayed during the downpour, and the crowd noise clearly affected Ga Tech's rhythm. Definitely served as a 12th man for the defense in those final drives.

But we'll just disagree.

I'm pretty sure they only had one possession in the second half before the rain ( not counting kickoff),It was 60-70 yards and took almost SEVEN minutes off the clock , they got a fg. Then the rain. Game over.
They had the ball after their first 2 drives. Am talking after their first 2 drives until the rain came. That's from the first 1/4.

Advertisement
I find it ironic that a 60s-style running team has trouble in the rain whereas a pro-style passing team marched down the field and scored twice. That team plays dirty. Glad the rain helped us wash them up.

Place went crazyyyy when the sky opened up. The stadium was rocking, fans and players alike got hyped. Took me forever to get out of the parking lot after the game and that was after spending half an hour drinking beers and just totally cracking up with my Fellow canes. As Ice Cube would say ..... IT WAS A GOOD DAY!

After the rain they were at our mercy , they no longer had the option or outside game. We did the same thing on D all game we did last year, same alignments and strategy. And were gashed the same. Last year we just got multiple fumbles.

But we'll just disagree.

They had the ball after their first 2 drives. Am talking after their first 2 drives until the rain came. That's from the first 1/4.

I'll take it a step further , we didn't stop the sweep one time .....not one. The option was money all day too.

Guess how many times they ran those plays after the rain? Zero. Guess why .... the option / sweep is somewhat risky without rain , which is why they always have high fumble numbers.

Anyone who's played or coached knew they were fd after the rain, especially with our speed and the shape of the field. I mean I'm thrilled the rain came , I'm just saying it did a lot more than Diaz did. We literally made no adjustments , because it is what it is with the option. You knew the same at the half as you did entering the game. GT ain't changing jack.

Advertisement
I find it ironic that a 60s-style running team has trouble in the rain whereas a pro-style passing team marched down the field and scored twice. That team plays dirty. Glad the rain helped us wash them up.

Bingo.

They use the flexbone as an advantage every week, nobody sees it or can prepare for it the entire season. Hence why everyone puts bye weeks before they play.

So I don't feel pity for them, they run that gimmicky stuff to make up for talent and undersized ol. So too bad they're f'd when it rains, they chose that crap , now live with it. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Crowd was absolutely fantastic...place was loud & rocking. Everyone stayed until the very end which made for a long time getting out of the parking lots. Just a fantastic atmosphere to be a part of. Richt said in the post game show that he had a really good feeling when the buses pulled into the stadium & he saw all the tents, people tailgating, etc. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Back