Greatest player you've seen in each sport?

Advertisement
It's definitely not a fact. The only fact is that Bonds used steroids, which eliminates him from consideration by many. There's a reason he's not in the HOF.
What a dupe you are. Most pro baseball players juiced, and many if not most have used something for an edge, be it coke in the ‘80s, amphetamines in the ‘70s, or vaseline and cutballs in the ‘30s. You have no idea who did what. All you know is what happened on the field. And on the field, barry bonds is indisputably the GOAT. It’s not even debatable. So you can erase him from your memory if you’re triggered, but he was a more accomplished, better ballplayer than the guys you elevate.

College Football - Hershel Walker
Pro Football - OJ
Pro Wrestling - Ric Flair
College Wrestling - Dan Gable
Olympic Wrestling - Aleksandr Karelin
Boxing - Ali
Golf - Tiger
Men's Tennis - Rod Laver
Women's Tennis - Martina Navratilova
NASCAR - Richard Petty

I’m taking Dean Malenko over Flair..

Advertisement
What a dupe you are. Most pro baseball players juiced, and many if not most have used something for an edge, be it coke in the ‘80s, amphetamines in the ‘70s, or vaseline and cutballs in the ‘30s. You have no idea who did what. All you know is what happened on the field. And on the field, barry bonds is indisputably the GOAT. It’s not even debatable. So you can erase him from your memory if you’re triggered, but he was a more accomplished, better ballplayer than the guys you elevate.
Bonds did admit to using steroids, he just continued lying and said he thought his personal trainer was applying some flax seed oil and arthritis cream.

Right. Only a fool such as you would believe that. Let me guess, Sammy Sosa didn't juice either, right? And he's not bleaching his skin like Michael Jackson either, right? I mean...Sosa said it, so it must be true. We know Bonds juiced because he flat out as admitted it and packed on like 50 pounds of muscle. You know, after lying about it for years and only under the threat of perjury. Guy is a cheater with no World Series ring and no HOF. He's not the best ever.

Advertisement
College Football - Hershel Walker
Pro Football - OJ
Pro Wrestling - Ric Flair
College Wrestling - Dan Gable
Olympic Wrestling - Aleksandr Karelin
Boxing - Ali
Golf - Tiger
Men's Tennis - Rod Laver
Women's Tennis - Martina Navratilova
NASCAR - Richard Petty
Props for having seen Gable live. I am jealous. You are old.

Cael Sanderson was the best college wrestler ever. Undefeated, 4x NC, 4X NCAA Tournament MVP, 3X wrestler of the year award. But if you didn’t see him live, I guess your list is fine lol.

Bonds did admit to using steroids, he just continued lying and said he thought his personal trainer was applying some flax seed oil and arthritis cream.

Right. Only a fool such as you would believe that. Let me guess, Sammy Sosa didn't juice either, right? And he's not bleaching his skin like Michael Jackson either, right? I mean...Sosa said it, so it must be true. We know Bonds juiced because he flat out as admitted it and packed on like 50 pounds of muscle. You know, after lying about it for years and only under the threat of perjury. Guy is a cheater with no World Series ring and no HOF. He's not the best ever.

How many pitchers, who faced Bonds were Juicing??...Clemmons wasn't the only one...

Advertisement
How many pitchers, who faced Bonds were Juicing??...Clemmons wasn't the only one...
Not directed at you, orlando....

Rating baseball players based on world series rings is crazy. It’s a 25 man roster.

Bonds offensive performance cannot be denied. If you do not understand how much better Bonds was offensively than any player since Babe Ruth, then you do not understand baseball.

Add to that 7 MVP awards. 8 gold gloves. 12 Silver Sluggers. All time most homers. And walks also. There has never been a better baseball player. His bases per out in ‘04 will never be equaled again. .610 OBP, .812 SLG.

Not directed at you, orlando....

Rating baseball players based on world series rings is crazy. It’s a 25 man roster.

Bonds offensive performance cannot be denied. If you do not understand how much better Bonds was offensively than any player since Babe Ruth, then you do not understand baseball.

Add to that 7 MVP awards. 8 gold gloves. 12 Silver Sluggers. All time most homers. And walks also. There has never been a better baseball player. His bases per out in ‘04 will never be equaled again. .610 OBP, .812 SLG.
Loved Bonds...should be a HOFer in my book...unfortunately he won't...Dude swung a 32 ounce bat which is Nuts in itself....

Advertisement
Loved Bonds...should be a HOFer in my book...unfortunately he won't...Dude swung a 32 ounce bat which is Nuts in itself....
It shows you that the BBWAA are a bunch of hypocrites and the HOF is a fraud if Bonds isnt in it.

Bonds’ ‘04 is still under appreciated, even in the Money Ball era. 617 plate appearances, 232 walks, 9 hbp, 3 SFs —> 373 at bats —> 135 hits ... meaning he made only 238 outs all season. What did he do when he didn’t make an out? 45 homers + 3 triples + 27 doubles + 60 singles + 232 walks + 9 hbps. 544 bases / 238 outs. 2.29 bases per out.

No one has ever come close to that offensive production. Closest other than Bonds in other seasons that I can find is Ruth, who got to 1.89 bases per put in ‘20 (his best OPS season). Bonds has the top 2, and 3 of the top 4 OPS seasons ever. And the only players represented in the top 12 OPS seasons ever are Bonds, Babe Ruth and Ted Williams. Which tells you all you need to know about goats. (So gtfo with the Dimmaggio crowd boot-licking a streak. If you’re so impressed by his lack of strikeouts, come back and explain some meaningful stats.)

Last edited:
Bonds cheated. If everyone in both leagues were on steroids, would Bonds put up the numbers he did. I think, no.

Having said that, he had no reason to cheat. He was a great player without the roids. It’s a damned shame he took the wrong road unnecessarily. Sorry, but McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and a few more can eat ****.

Bonds cheated. If everyone in both leagues were on steroids, would Bonds put up the numbers he did. I think, no.

Having said that, he had no reason to cheat. He was a great player without the roids. It’s a damned shame he took the wrong road unnecessarily. Sorry, but McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and a few more can eat ****.
He didnt even cheat. For almost his emtore career, there was no mlb policy on any peds.

Jackie Robinson and Willie Mays in baseball and in their prime. Jim Brown, Otto Graham and Lou Groza in Football.

Advertisement
Back