Greatest player you've seen in each sport?

Zion or Jay Williams? You're seriously a Duke fan huh
I usually watch Duke and root for them but my love for bball isnt that much and my love for UM football blinds me, I catch myself rooting for the U vs Duke in ball. I dont watch CBB hard like that though

Advertisement
MJ for bball

football is a lot tougher however, barry sanders is the first thing that pops in my mind

baseball I don't even watch

hockey we all know the answer there, there is only one guy and it starts with G

college football, it's honestly reggie bush or sean taylor

NBA Jordan
MLB Mike schmidt
NFL Rice
NHL Gretzky
CFB Bo Jackson
Athlete Bo Jackson

****....your spelling....

It was JIMMIE FOXX, not Jimmy Fox.

And you do know he was a Hurricane, don't you?

I know there are certain required usage customs on this board. For example, you should never use "banned" when someone is band. You should never use they're when you can use "their."

But please don't mess up names like Jimmie Foxx. And he was a former Cane.

View attachment 86194

On the left, obviously.
Yes I knew he was a Cane (had nothing to do with Convo)
Yes I knew correct spelling...was rushing and didn't have time to correct...

Yes I knew he was a Cane (had nothing to do with Convo)
Yes I knew correct spelling...was rushing and didn't have time to correct...
Actually, Mantle might have been the greatest athlete to play the game up until that time. Built like a Greek God, with incredible speed and power. He suffered from chronic osteomyelitis, a bone infection. Even today, bone infections can be very persistent and stubborn.

Mantle never came close to being the player his potential suggested he could be. He had that injury tripping over a drain cover in the outfield. Another time he twisted his knee catching his spikes in a fence. He had injuries going back to high school football. He had polio as a kid. When they first discovered his osteomyelitis as a teenager, the first hospital recommended amputation. His parents took him to a bigger hospital in the city. They recommended eight injections a day of the new miracle drug penicillin. It worked, at least then.

https://nypost.com/2003/09/09/mickey-mantle-injuries/

Advertisement
Mantle was hurt way before his rookie year. Diagnosed with osteomyelitis in HS. Some times it never goes away.
Being an alcoholic hurt him more than the osteomyelitis. They knew he had an alcohol problem as early as his rookie year.

BTW, when Mantle injured his knee, he was chasing a fly ball hit by........Willie Mays.

In person?

CFB - Sean Taylor
NHL - Mario Lemieux
NBA - Lebron
MLB - Griffey Jr
NFL - i'm a Browns fan and younger than 40

All time?

NHL - Gretzky, though Lemieux is a close 2
NFL - Sanders
NBA - MJ
MLB - Mays

Last edited:
Advertisement
MJ for bball

football is a lot tougher however, barry sanders is the first thing that pops in my mind

baseball I don't even watch

hockey we all know the answer there, there is only one guy and it starts with G

college football, it's honestly reggie bush or sean taylor
NBA-Michael Jordan
MLB-Ken Griffey Jr.
NFL-Joe Montana if i had to choose but brady, sanders, rice, ray lewis, lott, ed reed, are all in my convo.
Hockey-Gretzky
College Football-same as NFL but i think i would have to say Ed Reed.
College Basketball-Christian Laettner

NBA-Michael Jordan
MLB-Ken Griffey Jr.
NFL-Joe Montana if i had to choose but brady, sanders, rice, ray lewis, lott, ed reed, are all in my convo.
Hockey-Gretzky
College Football-same as NFL but i think i would have to say Ed Reed.
College Basketball-Christian Laettner
actually i might go with jeter over griffey. griffey was an amazing talent but jeter was so clutch.

Lebron wouldn't make my top 5 for NBA. Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, Bird and Magic above him.

actually i might go with jeter over griffey. griffey was an amazing talent but jeter was so clutch.

Lebron wouldn't make my top 5 for NBA. Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, Bird and Magic above him.
Barry Bonds is the best baseball player ever. That’s a fact. Did you not see him play?

Advertisement
Basketball Larry Bird
Baseball Frank Robinson / Cal Ripken
Football Jerome Brown / Tom Brady
Hockey Wayne Gretzky

Barry Bonds is the best baseball player ever. That’s a fact. Did you not see him play?
It's definitely not a fact. The only fact is that Bonds used steroids, which eliminates him from consideration by many. There's a reason he's not in the HOF.

It's definitely not a fact. The only fact is that Bonds used steroids, which eliminates him from consideration by many. There's a reason he's not in the HOF.
When Smoltz...Glavine and Maddox were asked on National TV who's the Best they ever faced, all 3 Immediately replied Bonds...When Steroids were brought up, all 3 laughed...Said it had nothing to do with his Bat abilities...Remember, Bonds was an MVP before his Steroid days...He was hitting balls into the Upper Deck in Pittsburgh as well...

Advertisement
When Smoltz...Glavine and Maddox were asked on National TV who's the Best they ever faced, all 3 Immediately replied Bonds...When Steroids were brought up, all 3 laughed...Said it had nothing to do with his Bat abilities...Remember, Bonds was an MVP before his Steroid days...He was hitting balls into the Upper Deck in Pittsburgh as well...
He was a tremendous player, one of the best for sure. But that's what makes the steroid use even more nonsensical. Did it win him a World Series? No. But it'll keep him out of the HOF. I can't think of him as best all-time for that alone.

NBA - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Shaq O'Neal, Allen Iverson

NFL - Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Sean Taylor, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders

MLB - Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Vladimir Guerrero, Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffey Jr, Andruw Jones, Roberto Clemente, Manny Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson

Olympic Wrestling - Alexander Karelin, John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Buvaisar Saitiev, Bruce Baumgartner, Cael Sanderson, Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Hamid Sourian

Martial Arts - Ip Man, Chu Shong Tin, Bruce Lee, Masahiko Kimura, Mas Oyama, Kano Jigoro, Mitsuyo Maeda, Helio Gracie, Rolls Gracie, Rigan Machado, Jean Jacques Machado, Chuck Norris

Muay Thai - Dany Bill, Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukaran, Samart Payakaroon, Kaensak Sor Ploenchit, Saenchai

Boxing - Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Julian Jackson, Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker

Track & Field - Florence Girffith Joyner, Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee

X Games - Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Travis Pastrana, Ishod Wair, Jamie Bestwick, Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Nigel Sylvester, Nyjah Huston, Kareem Campbell, Darren Harper, Karl Watson, Stevie Williams
Jesus. That's quite a list!

NBA - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Shaq O'Neal, Allen Iverson

NFL - Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Reggie White, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Sean Taylor, Randy Moss, Deion Sanders

MLB - Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, Vladimir Guerrero, Rickey Henderson, Ken Griffey Jr, Andruw Jones, Roberto Clemente, Manny Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Bob Gibson, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson

Olympic Wrestling - Alexander Karelin, John Smith, Jordan Burroughs, Buvaisar Saitiev, Bruce Baumgartner, Cael Sanderson, Dave Schultz, Mark Schultz, Hamid Sourian

Martial Arts - Ip Man, Chu Shong Tin, Bruce Lee, Masahiko Kimura, Mas Oyama, Kano Jigoro, Mitsuyo Maeda, Helio Gracie, Rolls Gracie, Rigan Machado, Jean Jacques Machado, Chuck Norris

Muay Thai - Dany Bill, Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukaran, Samart Payakaroon, Kaensak Sor Ploenchit, Saenchai

Boxing - Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr, Julian Jackson, Felix Trinidad, Julio Cesar Chavez, Pernell Whitaker

Track & Field - Florence Girffith Joyner, Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, Jesse Owens, Jackie Joyner-Kersee

X Games - Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Bob Burnquist, Travis Pastrana, Ishod Wair, Jamie Bestwick, Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra, Pierre Luc Gagnon, Nigel Sylvester, Nyjah Huston, Kareem Campbell, Darren Harper, Karl Watson, Stevie Williams

You saw Ip Man in person? Go on .....

Advertisement
Back