Great win but...

fraggle

Senile Senior
Virginia beat themselves with a lot of help from our defense and especially Greg. We cannot take anyone lightly and if we played Virginia again I'd bet on them. We were incredible defensively when they got into the red zone but we cannot depend on allowing teams there and expect the failures Va made but still credit to our defense. Our offense is a mystery too, how can we start the game by marching down the field as if we own the other team and then suck most of the game but then march down in the 4th quarter as if the light switch went on and we suddenly have an offense. We should without any doubt dominate GT regardless of who is QB, that is if we take charge early and consistently. Consistency has been our way we beat ourselves both Offensively and defensively. If we have a game where both sides of the ball show up, we could be awesome.

Advertisement
Can we just enjoy this win for this week? Trust, I think we all are thanking God UVA completely became Richtesq in the RZ, but it is what it is. I don’t think anyone feels any more confident this week as opposed to the other weeks, but it feels good beating a team in a P5 division, no matter how it came. Gritty, ugly win. Give me 7 more of these types of wins!

Can we just enjoy this win for this week? Trust, I think we all are thanking God UVA completely became Richtesq in the RZ, but it is what it is. I don’t think anyone feels any more confident this week as opposed to the other weeks, but it feels good beating a team in a P5 division, no matter how it came. Gritty, ugly win. Give me 7 more of these types of wins!

People haven't gotten the memo that tanking doesn't work in college.

Advertisement
A defense that shuts team down In the RZ deserves credit..you talking about game that if we connected on a few big play opportunities that were presented we win 31-9..but that’s football. Give the team credit. UVA is a quality opponent

What we should do and what normally happens are 2 different things. I don't trust this team to dominate GT just because everyone else has done so. I hope we win first and foremost. If we dominate that's an added bonus.

Advertisement
This is the 70th post that tells us not to enjoy this win. Here’s the deal: we had unrealistic expectations coming into this season. We told ourselves the 2 star freshman starting at the most important position on the OL wasn’t a problem. We ignored the fact that 98 times out of 100 first time coaching staffs don’t have good years. We ignored Inexperienced coaches with inexperienced quarterbacks and an inexperienced line. We ignored both of our NFL safeties leaving and our best two defensive lineman from last year.

But now that we know... I’ll enjoy every win from here out and hope to see improvement from game to game.

I'll take as many VICTORIES as we can get, regardless of whether they're ugly or outstanding! A WIN is a win! Hopefully, as our coaches and players study & learn from the game experiences (and what works and does not), we can always look better later. But, please give me victories first and foremost!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think somebody on here put it best a couple weeks ago saying the odds are we will begin wining some of these games as other teams shoot themselves in the foot, it gives us time to correct things, and develop, that's good

I do not intend to discredit the win and certainly not our defense, I guess the fact is I am cautiously optimistic. :cool:

Advertisement
What we should do and what normally happens are 2 different things. I don't trust this team to dominate GT just because everyone else has done so. I hope we win first and foremost. If we dominate that's an added bonus.
Just win baby! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Back