Great to be a Miami Hurricane!

Advertisement
My takeaway from the weekend was this. We did NOT play our best baseball, but still swept a really, really good team. That's exactly what top ranked teams do to good teams, so this ranking is earned, and deserved.

Seems like some criticisms of Coach Di Mare and staff this season were pretty harsh, almost on a "manny" level. Well, he assembled and managed a pretty diverse set of mostly new talents and here we are , the fckn Nbr 2 team in the country right now and unanimously!

...now maybe "they" read CIS and all the suggestions "here" have been put into play, so CIS should be congratulated as well. But yeah, this is way cool, and perhaps any Di Mare detractors are rightly sitting on their keyboards for the moment.

Seems like some criticisms of Coach Di Mare and staff this season were pretty harsh, almost on a "manny" level. Well, he assembled and managed a pretty diverse set of mostly new talents and here we are , the fckn Nbr 2 team in the country right now and unanimously!

...now maybe "they" read CIS and all the suggestions "here" have been put into play, so CIS should be congratulated as well. But yeah, this is way cool, and perhaps any Di Mare detractors are rightly sitting on their keyboards for the moment.
I'm a big believer that this team needed new blood. The pandemic did a number on this team, simply because I believe the incomplete 2020 frustrated the program and their hearts weren't in it in 2021

Last edited:
I'm a big believer that this time needed new blood. The pandemic did a number on this team, simply because I believe the incomplete 2020 frustrated the program and their hearts weren't in it in 2021
We’ll never know… but last year was a brutal year. Gino legit blew the team up which I don’t think I’ve ever seen

Advertisement

I gotta tell ya. Idk if his process has longevity but if he’s winning then that’s the end goal no matter what. Consider me proven wrong and I’m absolutely ok with it.

I'm a big believer that this time needed new blood. The pandemic did a number on this team, simply because I believe the incomplete 2020 frustrated the program and their hearts weren't in it in 2021
This has been my stance since game 1. I’ve been as down on DiMare as anyone the last 3 seasons. But I felt like with what basically was a brand new team this season, a clean slate was needed to see if the problem was DiMare or with the group of underachievers in the toxic locker room last season. Even after a bit of a slow start, patience was necessary. Now here we are ranked #2 in the country, on an extended win streak, and an excitement around the program. Obviously a long way to go and ultimately we haven’t accomplished anything of significance YET, but the picture of what was wrong with the 2021 team appears to be coming into focus.

Respectfully, I’m not sure that last sentence is fair. The detractors, of which I am chief, have been here celebrating the wins along with everyone else. Things needed to change, and things HAVE changed. No one here is taking any credit for that, but Gino himself saw that things were not going in the right direction.

All legit comments above. My most pleasant surprise is that there's obvious and fairly rapid development of the freshmen hitters and pitchers, secondary pitches from Palm in the off-season and correcting mistakes as the season goes on (well, excl. base-running … but I digress). I was also a detractor early on but am delighted to eat crow.

And I don't think the change at the top in the athletic department and the new boosters/NIL money can be over-stated. There's an excitement around the programs that we haven't seen in a long time, and knowledgeable fans can tell it's different this time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back