Great Start for Coach Brown

Peopletry to make Brown into a pariah but fact is Maryland got the hometown miracle and that sometimes will beat anybody. This is a new slate and an absolutely outstanding start

My issue with the McFarland situation isn't that we whiffed (Maryland dropped bags, believe it), it's that he seemingly put all his eggs in that one basket. It's almost like he didn't even want to consider another RB this cycle bc he was certain McFarland was coming. That's bad business to me, but hey, who cares now.

Advertisement
Obviously huge miss with the Maryland guy, but great start to this cycle . . . now he has to be at every event this guy has . . . track, football, basketball, swimming, etc . . . they got to stay on top of him

excerpt for CS

“Coach (Thomas) Brown and Lo really hit it off,” Roberts said. “Coach Brown is one of the coaches I’ve been most impressed with throughout this whole process. You can tell he has the best interest in mind for Lo. I thought he would commit a little later, but he’s not a kid that likes to play the recruiting process. That’s my favorite thing about him - it’s not `here’s my top 10, my top seven, my top five.’ He’s been leaning that way, was just ready.”

Good god I hope that's true.

Thomas Brown celebration tweet:

Exodus 21:28

28 “If a bull gores a man or woman to death, the bull is to be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible."

So is Lingard the bull or the person stoning the bull?

he's the stone.

He definitely tweeted that during the McFartland debacle, don't know if he did it again recently but it was definitely then. Pretty sure it was right after his last minute visit the Thursday before the commitment

Thomas Brown celebration tweet:

Exodus 21:28

28 “If a bull gores a man or woman to death, the bull is to be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible."

So is Lingard the bull or the person stoning the bull?

he's the stone.

He definitely tweeted that during the McFartland debacle, don't know if he did it again recently but it was definitely then. Pretty sure it was right after his last minute visit the Thursday before the commitment

So praise Lingard and troll Whoopi while quoting the bible. Respect

Brown is an elite running back coach

Melvin Gordon
Nick Chubb
Sony Michel

And has played the position and was pretty good at it. I remember him playing for uga back when I was younger. Also played with knoshown Moreno.

Brown is great developer at running back and is a good recruiter
There's no such thing as an elite RB coach. That's a recruiting position on every staff. You don't teach great RBs how to run. They can help teach pass pro, but any coach with a pulse can do that.

Advertisement
I understand this commitment may or may not have been expected, but anyone think that LL leaning this way scared Whoopi into staying in Maryland?

If we landed McFarland I don't know that we get Lingard this year. I am more than fine with that trade.

Ambassador Lingard is a big Sister Act fan so having Whoopi McFartland here would have helped. The Ambassador certainly wouldn't be scared of that fat weave wearing midget.

Finally.. actual commitment and not this silent commit BS.. looks like they really did learn..

I rather a commit flip then hear of a bunch of "silent commits" BS whose probably a "silent commit" to everyone else and then when it time for NSD.. you later find out you weren't even a real player for the recruit and that you wasted valuable time on someone who has long decided their not considering your school even though they were a "silent commit".

GJ Staff

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back