Great night with Manolo “EL JEFE” and company.

Advertisement
OP, thanks for sharing. Any interesting donors you saw there that before you would’ve not included them in the upper echelon?

By virtue of just staying out of the way of the Athletic Department. I’m not a fan of Blake James, but he is the AD. I’d rather my AD make hires and fires, and not be the Presidents puppet.

Shalala is still the worst thing that’s ever happened to this program. We’re still feeling the effects.

I also had an opinion of Blake James initially and that changed for me the moment I was able to talk to him for 30 minutes and got to hear his thoughts. He’s really invested in the success of the athletic department and really wants the team to win just as much as we the fans do. The event and the people in it really gave me a clarity that I was missing as an outsider looking in. The big donors and the administration were in sink with the push to get us back to prominence. I’m a decent size donor but not at the top tier option that my cousin is and he’s the reason I attended. The weight room is named after my cousins last name.

Last edited:
By the way I did tell Manny that he’s known on this site as “Manolo el Jefe” lol he said and I can’t recall if his grandfather or Father was called Manolo in the family.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back