Great news on injuries

Fumble. Toast. More Toast plus muffed punt. Beastmode.
Chuckle Laughing GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

Advertisement
Three things need to happen for this team to win its next four games (UNC, VT, Duke, and UVA):
  1. Improved injury situation. We lack depth at many positions, and injuries can kill us.
  2. Installing some spread concepts that worked last year and getting TVD into a rhythm. We need to get our passing game going.
  3. Execute. If we'd executed on even half of our opportunities against A&M and MTSU, we would've won those games by 10+ each at least.
Luckily, looks like #1 is underway. #'s 2 & 3 depend on this week.
We should just be able to show up and beat VT. (I know, I know..a team that lost to MTSU lost the right to ever say that again this season). Duke as well.

But I definitely agree with point #2. Mario went ghost for a week and basically went into a bunker and Im hoping that is what he was doing with Gattis. Re-doing the playbook and adding some things and ripping out some things. At this point, he needs to coach this team like he has nothing to lose anymore. He lost to MTSU. We are a joke right now. Nowhere to go but up at this point. Let it all hang out.

Three things need to happen for this team to win its next four games (UNC, VT, Duke, and UVA):
  1. Improved injury situation. We lack depth at many positions, and injuries can kill us.
  2. Installing some spread concepts that worked last year and getting TVD into a rhythm. We need to get our passing game going.
  3. Execute. If we'd executed on even half of our opportunities against A&M and MTSU, we would've won those games by 10+ each at least.
Luckily, looks like #1 is underway. #'s 2 & 3 depend on this week.
6-2 overall record is certainly doable and ship back on track as those teams are terrible. Duke has looked better but they are fvking Duke!!

6-2 overall record is certainly doable and ship back on track as those teams are terrible. Duke has looked better but they are fvking Duke!!
Realistically it probably ends up at 5-3 going into FSU (we'll have some dumb loss in there).

6-2 is very possible, though. As you said, those teams aren't great, and if TVD can get back in a groove, we'll be favored in all those games. 6-2 going into FSU, when they'll probably be 4-4/5-3, would give us significant momentum.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We should just be able to show up and beat VT. (I know, I know..a team that lost to MTSU lost the right to ever say that again this season). Duke as well.

But I definitely agree with point #2. Mario went ghost for a week and basically went into a bunker and Im hoping that is what he was doing with Gattis. Re-doing the playbook and adding some things and ripping out some things. At this point, he needs to coach this team like he has nothing to lose anymore. He lost to MTSU. We are a joke right now. Nowhere to go but up at this point. Let it all hang out.
You are very optimisitc.

The bye must’ve helped Roosters issue because it didn’t sound positive over the weekend.
Mario got that secret "deer antler spray" from Alabama that heals those soft tissue injuries.

Only injuries Alabama has is torn ligaments or broken bones!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Should we tell him?
At this point, you have to worry about the mental with this kid even if he comes back 100%. Will he be mentally tough enough to not have the "What if I get hurt again?" mindset and just play and not think too much. Thats what concerns me at this point.

At this point, you have to worry about the mental with this kid even if he comes back 100%. Will he be mentally tough enough to not have the "What if I get hurt again?" mindset and just play and not think too much. Thats what concerns me at this point.
He’s of very sound mind and spirit. He’s not transferring anywhere fwiw end of story. Don’t expect him to do anything outside of come back before years end and run his *** off.

Advertisement
Back