Great article on season thus far/Golden

Lmao at "adjusted ranking."

Hey guys, no other teams have attrition.

Furthermore, if half his classes are fizzling out, whose fault is that?

Advertisement
So do these people think golden is a great recruiter or not?

Of course he is, when ever the conversation is about getting rid of him and his "intangibles". But if there's anything negative regarding recruiting or player development, then its not his fault at all. It's actually quite confusing but trust the Golden Girls, he'll have his signature win any year now. Just be patient.

Vish is very articulate, insightful and intelligent. I thought the article was very well thought out and written.A slobbering idiot he is most certainly not. As a radio interview however he leaves a lot to be desired.

So do these people think golden is a great recruiter or not?

Of course not. Something like 32 of his 70 recruits are no longer enrolled at UM. And people btch about 9 lost scholarships.

That's the definition if throwing **** at the wall. Too bad he doesn't have the personal or managerial skills to help them stick.

That's why a 9-4 season is followed up with a 6-4 season. No depth, playing with what we got. It's an actual cloud.

Advertisement
Vish is very articulate, insightful and intelligent. I thought the article was very well thought out and written.A slobbering idiot he is most certainly not. As a radio interview however he leaves a lot to be desired.

Hey, to each his own. The guy's a terrible writer, and his graphs are really dumb.

Vishnu is a slobbering idiot (that graph of margin of loss is dumb dumb dumb), but I agree with a lot of this particular article. As usual, he latched onto a stupid argument with the "Oh no! What will we do when these guys leave!". Every team has these problems. Next man up. If the next "men" up suck, then AG gets fired. If they don't suck, and we're still losing games, then he gets fired. If they don't suck, and we finally start winning some games against good teams, he won't get fired (yet). Vishnu's over-analyzing of everything is retarded, but par for the course with him.

fvck off buddy Vish has more degrees than 90% of the entire fan base combined.

A "slobbering" idiot yea that's a fvckin laugh.

He's only got two. What's the big deal? I've got two. Plenty of people have two. Does that mean anything?

We can fire Golden, try to find a suitable replacement (not that easy) and face the same situation five years down the road. The fact is, there is parity, and very few teams have the capacity to stay on top year after year. Given the parity, and the emergence of non-traditional powers playing the same brand of football that distinguished us two decades ago, it is probably foolish to think we'll be one of the very elite teams year after year. It was much easier in the '80's.

Let's fire Golden, and watch the next Golden come in, and see the same level of frustration on these boards and among the fans, year after year.

You think it's that easy to find better replacements? Where are they? I don't think we ever had a lot of great prospects banging down our door when we had our innumerable coaching changes starting in 1984 when Howard left. Jimmy begged Sam Jankovich for the job because he wanted to get out of Stillwater to a more fertile hunting ground for females.

We were actually lucky to get Dennis Erickson who was regarded as a young up-and-coming coach in the late '80s. Terry Donahue said he had the best-conceived offense in the Pac-Ten at the time.

USC lucked out with Pete Carroll, who was a retread. They almost took Dennis Erickson instead. Now, what's Erickson doing?

When we appointed Coker and Shannon, I think we took the easy way out. Who did the school pass on with those two hires who would have been better? Were there a lot of great candidates waiting in line that the school shunned?

Vishnu is a slobbering idiot (that graph of margin of loss is dumb dumb dumb), but I agree with a lot of this particular article. As usual, he latched onto a stupid argument with the "Oh no! What will we do when these guys leave!". Every team has these problems. Next man up. If the next "men" up suck, then AG gets fired. If they don't suck, and we're still losing games, then he gets fired. If they don't suck, and we finally start winning some games against good teams, he won't get fired (yet). Vishnu's over-analyzing of everything is retarded, but par for the course with him.

fvck off buddy Vish has more degrees than 90% of the entire fan base combined.

A "slobbering" idiot yea that's a fvckin laugh.

He's only got two. What's the big deal? I've got two. Plenty of people have two. Does that mean anything?

We can fire Golden, try to find a suitable replacement (not that easy) and face the same situation five years down the road. The fact is, there is parity, and very few teams have the capacity to stay on top year after year. Given the parity, and the emergence of non-traditional powers playing the same brand of football that distinguished us two decades ago, it is probably foolish to think we'll be one of the very elite teams year after year. It was much easier in the '80's.

Let's fire Golden, and watch the next Golden come in, and see the same level of frustration on these boards and among the fans, year after year.

You think it's that easy to find better replacements? Where are they? I don't think we ever had a lot of great prospects banging down our door when we had our innumerable coaching changes starting in 1984 when Howard left. Jimmy begged Sam Jankovich for the job because he wanted to get out of Stillwater to a more fertile hunting ground for females.

We were actually lucky to get Dennis Erickson who was regarded as a young up-and-coming coach in the late '80s. Terry Donahue said he had the best-conceived offense in the Pac-Ten at the time.

USC lucked out with Pete Carroll, who was a retread. They almost took Dennis Erickson instead. Now, what's Erickson doing?

When we appointed Coker and Shannon, I think we took the easy way out. Who did the school pass on with those two hires who would have been better? Were there a lot of great candidates waiting in line that the school shunned?

Your right

Lets just let it play out till 2020 and go from there.

Advertisement
The obvious answer to your questions as to why we had unusually large attrition is because we had to take questionable players. We basically took chances on players we would not normally have taken. I remember that first year when a lot of players actually opted out as well. ( going to NFL early) Also, since the spotlight was on us and we were in danger of being shut the **** down, if anyone even just sneezed we had to let them go. Remember? We lost a lot of players to petty infractions, because we were under investigation forever basically. That was the worst case scenario, the NCAA dragging out our punishment for so long, so teams could negative recruit us.

Why did Penn State get such a quick resolution? They are probably closer to getting back than we are. Those class rankings were BS, we had very little NFL talent on board. We need to be patient and give Golden a chance to see if he's the guy. If he pulls in a legit top ten class this year, then I think we sit tight with Golden.

All that being said, I wouldn't mind firing D'nofrio. Can't stand the defense they run sometimes. If they could force him to make some staff changes, that would be ideal but I guess we're stuck with No D. Finishing the year strong to quiet down the critics would also be a welcome change.

Man that aritcle was the blood honest truth

This administration has a huge decision to make in December
Hopefully before January so we can scramble for the "true" talent

Advertisement
Back