Grayson Allen is a piece of trash

I just think there are more exceptions than you guys think. And you are underselling how UM's lack of a basketball program has led to football fans that don't follow the basketball team. Even in to the 90's in other parts of the country you flat just didn't hear about the UM basketball team. I know because I was always trying to find the games and the information. I'd come down and visit my grandparents and read about Tito Horford in the PB post in the late 80's, and that was the sum of what I would hear. Heading back to a state that's basketball crazy, of course I latched on to one of the teams up there. Especially when we never played each other. It was easy to be a fan of both programs. Anyway, there are way more important things in life than this stuff. This is supposed to be fun. A reprieve from the serious side of life. Once you have kids, and watch enough people die, you kind of want to look at the good sides of things. I have no problem with someone liking non-UM programs as long as they don't **** on UM, and it isn't one of our rivals. And this program now is in **** good hands. The team is fun to watch under Larranga. I love what they are putting forward.

I think these people are (for the most part) front runners and there are few exceptions (as I laid out already). I honestly don't give a chit who they like just don't come here and talk chit. This is a canes board and if you're a "half-blood", go celebrate Duke with the other "half-bloods" and partial fans.

Again almost all UM fans can be regarded as frontrunners. The school has a relatively small alumni base. I'd have been a fan win or lose, and I'm not an alumni, but I'm clearly not the norm. I agree with the bolded, but you seriously wouldn't welcome conversation from someone like myself here? If I didn't say I liked Duke, nobody here would ever know, and I have always been a UM fan first and foremost. The only think that kept me out of UM was $. Especially as an out of state student at the time.

Advertisement
I just think there are more exceptions than you guys think. And you are underselling how UM's lack of a basketball program has led to football fans that don't follow the basketball team. Even in to the 90's in other parts of the country you flat just didn't hear about the UM basketball team. I know because I was always trying to find the games and the information. I'd come down and visit my grandparents and read about Tito Horford in the PB post in the late 80's, and that was the sum of what I would hear. Heading back to a state that's basketball crazy, of course I latched on to one of the teams up there. Especially when we never played each other. It was easy to be a fan of both programs. Anyway, there are way more important things in life than this stuff. This is supposed to be fun. A reprieve from the serious side of life. Once you have kids, and watch enough people die, you kind of want to look at the good sides of things. I have no problem with someone liking non-UM programs as long as they don't **** on UM, and it isn't one of our rivals. And this program now is in **** good hands. The team is fun to watch under Larranga. I love what they are putting forward.

I think these people are (for the most part) front runners and there are few exceptions (as I laid out already). I honestly don't give a chit who they like just don't come here and talk chit. This is a canes board and if you're a "half-blood", go celebrate Duke with the other "half-bloods" and partial fans.

Again almost all UM fans can be regarded as frontrunners. The school has a relatively small alumni base. I'd have been a fan win or lose, and I'm not an alumni, but I'm clearly not the norm. I agree with the bolded, but you seriously wouldn't welcome conversation from someone like myself here? If I didn't say I liked Duke, nobody here would ever know, and I have always been a UM fan first and foremost. The only think that kept me out of UM was $. Especially as an out of state student at the time.

Are you reading the bold part properly? I don't care who comes or supports us, I don't think it is a requirement to attend UM to support UM. My point was don't come here and talk chit if you are a fan of another program.

Good post. And your right about the part in bold. Why was I a UM fan??? My family started driving down US-1 to UM football and baseball games in the 50's. It's fair to say it's in the blood. And that is true about a lot of people from South Florida. UM was the show before the Dolphins showed up. I'd have been a UM fan through the 80's and 90's win or lose. I honestly find it hard for anyone on here to lambast others as frontrunners. Most of the UM fanbase is made up of frontrunners. That said, I don't understand anyone liking UM football, and running their mouth about the basketball team. It makes no sense what so ever.
Because they "support" multiple programs and feel the need to be a piece of chit of a Hurricane Board. At least they could be honest that they support Miami football and Duke basketball because they're a frontrunner. Miami basketball didn't fill their needs at the time.

Are there exceptions? Sure but it isn't the norm.
Lol at being a pos. Not my fault you over sensitive grown *** man can't take a joke.

Answer me this, since it's not the norm for MIAMI football fans to also follow another basketball team, why is the basketball board so dead?

If liking team as a kid makes me a frontrunner runner oh well. I'm glad you have your superfan status.

I know that, but it's still hard to understand how people can't understand that it's an entire athletic department with multiple programs to support. You're not supposed to pick Miami football from column A and Kentucky basketball from column B and Texas baseball from column C, and then not even realize that, most importantly, it's a school, and not a professional franchise.

Exactly. I went here. Half my immediate family went here. It is the only program I support. It isn't la carte IMO.
Exactly. You went to Miami. I didn't. I don't owe Miami any kind of loyalty. How hard is it to see how someone likes another college basketball along with Miami. If you superfans take off you orange and green glasses you would understand.

And lol 1985 talking about Miami was a nationally covered team in 99.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The 99 Canes basketball team was good. Do some research next time. Front running bandwagon fans like you look ridiculous.

Advertisement
Good post. And your right about the part in bold. Why was I a UM fan??? My family started driving down US-1 to UM football and baseball games in the 50's. It's fair to say it's in the blood. And that is true about a lot of people from South Florida. UM was the show before the Dolphins showed up. I'd have been a UM fan through the 80's and 90's win or lose. I honestly find it hard for anyone on here to lambast others as frontrunners. Most of the UM fanbase is made up of frontrunners. That said, I don't understand anyone liking UM football, and running their mouth about the basketball team. It makes no sense what so ever.
Because they "support" multiple programs and feel the need to be a piece of chit of a Hurricane Board. At least they could be honest that they support Miami football and Duke basketball because they're a frontrunner. Miami basketball didn't fill their needs at the time.

Lol at being a pos. Not my fault you over sensitive grown *** man can't take a joke.

Answer me this, since it's not the norm for MIAMI football fans to also follow another basketball team, why is the basketball board so dead?

If liking team as a kid makes me a frontrunner runner oh well. I'm glad you have your superfan status.

I know that, but it's still hard to understand how people can't understand that it's an entire athletic department with multiple programs to support. You're not supposed to pick Miami football from column A and Kentucky basketball from column B and Texas baseball from column C, and then not even realize that, most importantly, it's a school, and not a professional franchise.

Exactly. I went here. Half my immediate family went here. It is the only program I support. It isn't la carte IMO.
Exactly. You went to Miami. I didn't. I don't owe Miami any kind of loyalty. How hard is it to see how someone likes another college basketball along with Miami. If you superfans take off you orange and green glasses you would understand.

The 99 Canes basketball team was good. Do some research next time. Front running bandwagon fans like you look ridiculous.
Can you quote me saying they weren't good?

Then again, if I'm such a frontrunner, and Miami basketball team was so good, why wasn't I following them back then?

Last edited:

Can you quote me saying they weren't good?

Then again, if I'm such a frontrunner, and Miami basketball team was so good, why wasn't I following them back then?

Good question

Are you reading the bold part properly? I don't care who comes or supports us, I don't think it is a requirement to attend UM to support UM. My point was don't come here and talk chit if you are a fan of another program.

Got the bold part, but took your "half blood" comment as a description as someone like me when it seems you mean someone that is all in on on school in football, and another in b-ball.

No, not all or almost UM fans can be regarded as front runners

I don't agree at all Notsince. If your just counting the fans on this board, or pretty much any other I'd agree with you, but UM wouldn't be the national brand it is without the frontrunner fans. I'd agree it runs deeper than that in general, because of the manner in which the football program changed college football, but the majority of the fanbase on a national sclae started identifying with UM because of it's success. It's the only way we are as popular (or as reviled) as we are being as small as the school is. It's the reason we can't sell tickets unless we are winning. **** it. It doesn't bother me. The core UM fanbase is solid, and the love of the school runs deep. And I think that's about a lot more then football, and has as much to do with what UM in it's entirety means to the S. Fla community.

Advertisement

I don't agree at all Notsince. If your just counting the fans on this board, or pretty much any other I'd agree with you, but UM wouldn't be the national brand it is without the frontrunner fans. I'd agree it runs deeper than that in general, because of the manner in which the football program changed college football, but the majority of the fanbase on a national sclae started identifying with UM because of it's success. It's the only way we are as popular (or as reviled) as we are being as small as the school is. It's the reason we can't sell tickets unless we are winning. **** it. It doesn't bother me. The core UM fanbase is solid, and the love of the school runs deep. And I think that's about a lot more then football, and has as much to do with what UM in it's entirety means to the S. Fla community.

I've seen FSU hats all over the world too. I guarantee those are frontrunning fans as well. All schools that win have them. It's not UM-centric.

I've seen FSU hats all over the world too. I guarantee those are frontrunning fans as well. All schools that win have them. It's not UM-centric.

If I sounded like I thought we are unique, it wasn't my intention. I probably should have just said sports fans in general. But larger schools like FSU have much larger alumni bases, so they have a lot more people with direct ties to the school worldwide as well. All that said, we still travel well. I can't remember what game it was this year. Might have been NC State, but our fans were louder than the home crowd. Obviously as mediocre as we have been the last decade, it's impressive that so many fans are still in tow.

Got the bold part, but took your "half blood" comment as a description as someone like me when it seems you mean someone that is all in on on school in football, and another in b-ball.

Half bloods are people that aren't fully invested in one school. I don't care, just don't come here and talk chit if you are a half blood.

Coach K the most overrated basketball coach in history. My dog could coach the USA to gold & his first round exits to Mercer & Lehigh in the tourney cancel out all of his 1000+ wins.

This is just dumb. Though I would take Coach L over Coach K 10 times out of 10. We are lucky to have Larranga here.

It's not dumb. He has always had the talent edge. Put L at Duke as long as K is there & he'd have 10+ nat'l titles.

does K get any credit for getting talent to Duke?

Advertisement

If I sounded like I thought we are unique, it wasn't my intention. I probably should have just said sports fans in general. But larger schools like FSU have much larger alumni bases, so they have a lot more people with direct ties to the school worldwide as well. All that said, we still travel well. I can't remember what game it was this year. Might have been NC State, but our fans were louder than the home crowd. Obviously as mediocre as we have been the last decade, it's impressive that so many fans are still in tow.

I know that, and we can all make jokes about FSU alum, but trust me, these aren't alum of any school. Let's forget forget FSU and use Bama. Bama fans are all over Chattanooga. They weren't before saban. Trust most aren't alum.

Coach **** ended Allen's suspension because they lost to VT and his back hurts. He's starting tonight against GT. I wonder if he'd be playing if GT lost to UNC over the weekend

Advertisement
Coach K cares about winning above all else. No surprise here. If there hadn't been such a media reaction, he would have never suspended him.

Who's the little jizzmopper running around negging anything terrible said about Corch Kvnt and Graycuck Allen? What a doucher.

Advertisement
Back