Grateful for the Win

CaneinBroward

Recruit
So happy the Canes got the W, but Mario really didn't need to make it so **** close. Ridiculous number of penalties and wtf were they doing on offense when they got the ball back with 7 minutes left ahead by 13. Not one run leaving VT over 6 minutes in the game with all TOs available. They could have effectively ended the game at that point. SMH

Advertisement
So happy the Canes got the W, but Mario really didn't need to make it so **** close. Ridiculous number of penalties and wtf were they doing on offense when they got the ball back with 7 minutes left ahead by 13. Not one run leaving VT over 6 minutes in the game with all TOs available. They could have effectively ended the game at that point. SMH
True but at the same time if they would've ran it 3 times and got stuffed, You would be saying he took his foot off the gas and should've stayed aggressive. Can't have it both ways bruh

True but at the same time if they would've ran it 3 times and got stuffed, You would be saying he took his foot off the gas and should've stayed aggressive. Can't have it both ways bruh

One thing I wont criticize Mario/Gattis on is not running the ball. If we are not calling running plays its because we cant. They stayed aggressive and played to win. Didn't work on the second to last drive but secured the win on the last series.

time and score awareness. you gotta understand the ebbs and flows of the game. against NC, we went down early and couldn't run it all and at that point you have no choice but to pass. the pass kept us in the game. in this game, we should have some coaches that understand clock management

Advertisement
One thing I wont criticize Mario/Gattis on is not running the ball. If we are not calling running plays its because we cant. They stayed aggressive and played to win. Didn't work on the second to last drive but secured the win on the last series.
They still need to run higher percentage pass plays and teach TVD to take the easy throw when closing out the game.

We couldn’t score a second half TD and let them score twice on us? I come back from work to that?

Normally I’d say the Program should be shut down. Instead, the Noles are looking around for the Rented Mule they’re going to beat up on in practice as preparation for what they’re going to do to us.

Grateful for the win. This isn’t a victory that makes me feel as if we’ve turned a corner.

It’s called bad coaching

This x10000. When we go into a shell and try to run the clock out, our coaches don't have a killer instinct. If we try to seal it with what's working, we're dumb for not running the clock.

CIS in a nutshell.

Advertisement
This x10000. When we go into a shell and try to run the clock out, our coaches don't have a killer instinct. If we try to seal it with what's working, we're dumb for not running the clock.

CIS in a nutshell.
no no one would blame coaches for running int hat spot (mid fourth or so up 2 scores and we haven't scored all half). you gotta run the clock there. just situational awareness helps.

We couldn’t score a second half TD and let them score twice on us? I come back from work to that?

Normally I’d say the Program should be shut down. Instead, the Noles are looking around for the Rented Mule they’re going to beat up on in practice as preparation for what they’re going to do to us.

Grateful for the win. This isn’t a victory that makes me feel as if we’ve turned a corner.

Lots of football to play before State. Parish, Restrepo, Nelson, Stevenson, Mallory, could all be back by then with the young guys getting meaningful minutes right now. Just win

This. Yes. Thank you.

Run wasn’t there but pass was.

The penalties are on the players, too—can’t blame coaches for the kids doing dumb ****.

Couch hitting their quarterback late after that third down run was criminal. Kid knows better.

Advertisement
Lots of football to play before State. Parish, Restrepo, Nelson, Stevenson, Mallory, could all be back by then with the young guys getting meaningful minutes right now. Just win
Agreed. One just gets the impression that despite the fast start, this staff is relieved to see the backs of the Hokies.

Advertisement
That was as boring a 2nd half of football as I have seen in years. Our offensive play calling is atrocious. if something is working, and something else is not, PLEASE KEEP CALLING THE PLAYS THAT ARE WORKING. I have never understood why football coaches have to always prove how smart they are by getting away from what works just to show they can run other things. In basketball a coach will literally run 1 play 20 straight times if the opponent can’t stop it.
We had 241 yards passing-at halftime. Then we spent the 3rd quarter determined to prove that we can run the ball. Why play away from our strength?!?! Let TVD throw 60 times a game. Keep the ball and decision making in the best player’s hands. We were running with a PWO in Stanley. Rooster runs like all he wants to do is not fumble. And Thad is consistently trying to avoid contact. None of them are a featured back. Use Rooster to catch swings, run Thad in short yardage, and other than that, let TVD throw the ball at least 2 out of every 3 plays in a series.

We are pretty **** awful to watch and if the VTech receiver catches the long pass which Tae severely misjudged, we lose 21-20.

That was as boring a 2nd half of football as I have seen in years. Our offensive play calling is atrocious. if something is working, and something else is not, PLEASE KEEP CALLING THE PLAYS THAT ARE WORKING. I have never understood why football coaches have to always prove how smart they are by getting away from what works just to show they can run other things. In basketball a coach will literally run 1 play 20 straight times if the opponent can’t stop it.
We had 241 yards passing-at halftime. Then we spent the 3rd quarter determined to prove that we can run the ball. Why play away from our strength?!?! Let TVD throw 60 times a game. Keep the ball and decision making in the best player’s hands. We were running with a PWO in Stanley. Rooster runs like all he wants to do is not fumble. And Thad is consistently trying to avoid contact. None of them are a featured back. Use Rooster to catch swings, run Thad in short yardage, and other than that, let TVD throw the ball at least 2 out of every 3 plays in a series.

We are pretty **** awful to watch and if the VTech receiver catches the long pass which Tae severely misjudged, we lose 21-20.
my guess? they wanted to run the clock out after going up 20-0. have to rewatch though

Advertisement
Back