Grant's Rants - Week 2

View as article
After week one initially looked promising, my hopes and dreams of a winning record were shattered by the Saturday slate. Loss after loss after loss, followed by the cherry on top: the blowout. We looked bad, no, we looked terrible. I think the other guys on the website did a great job recapping the game so I won't go too much in depth, but man. Thankfully we have Savannah State because I'm confident that nearly any team on our schedule could've beat us last Sunday. Anyways, we're here for more picks. Like Kanye West says, you should all be honored by my lateness - okay, maybe not really, but better late than never. Here goes nothing...

OTHERS

Air Force @ Florida Atlantic
Spread: Florida Atlantic -9 (-110)

Kansas @ Central Michigan
O/U: UN 49.5 (-110)

Iowa State @ Iowa
Spread: Iowa State +3.5 (-115)

Tulsa @ Texas
Spread: Texas -23.5 (-110)

Cincinatti @ Miami (OH)
Spread: Miami (OH) -1 (-110)

ACC

Duke @ Northwestern
Spread: Duke +3 (-115)

Virginia @ Indiana
Spread: Virginia +5 (-110)

TOP 25

Mississippi State (18) @ Kansas State
Spread: Mississippi State -7.5 (-105)

Georgia (3) @ South Carolina (24)
Spread: Georgia -10 (-110)

Arkansas State @ Alabama (1)
Spread: Arkansas State +36 (-110)

Kentucky @ Florida (25)
Spread: Kentucky +13.5 (-110)

Michigan State (15) @ Arizona State
Spread: Arizona State +5 (-110)

COLLEGE GAMEDAY

Ah, good old Jimbo Fisher. I thought we got rid of this fool, but instead of limiting Florida State's program, he's taking his talents to College Station. This week, Fisher faces a familiar foe in Clemson and Dabo Swinney. Let me tell you first that Kellen Mond is going to struggle against a ferocious Clemson defensive unit. Kellen Mond is a career 53% passer, and facing a Clemson defense that is top in the nation in defensive pressures and sacks. Clemson takes this one in a blowout. In terms of the total, both teams have outstanding running games. Both teams want to run the ball and want to rely on the run. Take the under as well.

Clemson (2) @ Texas A&M
Spread: Clemson -12 (-110)
O/U: UN 52.5 (-110)

MIAMI

Do you want to make money today? Then don't bet Miami. It's not their fault, but Miami is an instant fade. Since 2005, teams closing -45 or higher on the spread have gone just 51-75-1 ATS. It'll be nearly impossible for Miami to cover the 54-point spread, especially with Miami's dilemma at quarterback *cough* Rosier sucks *cough*. With Miami's offensive struggles and a second half which will be an audition for other quarterbacks, I also like the under.

Savannah State @ Miami (22)
Spread: Savannah State +54 (-110)
O/U: UN 61.5 (-110)

Advertisement
Spread is up to -62.5 and still climbing as we get closer to kickoff

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back