Graduate transfers: questions, comments....

MedleyCane

Senior
Count me in as one who is crazy about this incoming class.
But I also agree with those who worry about a little lacking in quantity, especially at CB and
perhaps WR.

I have no insider knowledge of the program, but I suspect we will be looking at graduate
transfer possibilities.

Richt's QB this past season at UGA was a grad transfer from UVA.

With so many soFla talent leaving the state every year, I have to think there are at
least 1-2 who can help this progam on any given year.
For example, perhaps someone like Devonte Mathis (WR) at WVU?

Thoughts?
Also, if anyone has knowledge of a web-site that tracks this like you have for college
hoops, it would be appreciated.

Advertisement
Definitely a possibility. If the right person is out there, we should have some available scholarships and it won't hurt 2017.

i want a graduate transfer cb tyoe to be a stop gap for a year.

Sure wouldve been good to still have Antonio Crawford.

But they should be scurrying for a graduate transfer at cb...i dont think they realize that we have two guys that arent miami quality currently set at cb to log big mins.

But they should be scurrying for a graduate transfer at cb...i dont think they realize that we have two guys that arent miami quality currently set at cb to log big mins.
you think Ryan Mayes will get a lot of snaps? Who else?

But I also agree with those who worry about a little lacking in quantity, especially at CB and
perhaps WR.

I have no insider knowledge of the program, but I suspect we will be looking at graduate
transfer possibilities.

With so many soFla talent leaving the state every year, I have to think there are at

Thoughts?
Also, if anyone has knowledge of a web-site that tracks this like you have for college

If they were any good they would be in combine.

Advertisement
perhaps WR.

transfer possibilities.

Thoughts?

If they were any good they would be in combine.

Lots of schools are going this route for stopgap situations.
Look at Michigan this past season with Wayne Lyons and Jake Ruddock.
Uf-agg brought in an OL from Fordham and Auburn a DB from Michigan.
Grad transfers are a relatively new tool for college coaches to use when rosters are short in certain areas, until you are able to bring in recruits.

Antonio Crawford's departure was odd and unfortunate. We could really use him. Solid CB.

I don't know what the plan is, but I'm pretty sure they are aware of what they've got.

image.jpg

Advertisement

Oh I think they realize it....

One kid I never see talked about is Michael Jackson. He's gotta be an upgrade over a kid like Mayes isn't he?

Jackson based off special teams looked good.. he's physical and about same size as aerie or bigger. Mayes and a Henley is who got to watch for progression in spring

Advertisement
Advertisement

Taylor Gadbois as well

Taylor Gadbois as well
Where did he end up? He showed some flashes.

Taylor Gadbois as well
Where did he end up? He showed some flashes.

Don't know but last I remember he was kicked off the team for being too arrogant......The nerve of him!

Advertisement
Back