Graduate transfer

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Any chance we look at this kid? Jonathan Arledge, 6-9, 228 PF from George Mason. He's graduating so he's good to go for one year next year. His first year at GMU was Coach L's last year at GMU, so there is that connection. Out of HS he was recruited by Georgetown, Xavier, Penn State, Temple, Virginia, Memphis, USC, Stanford, Tulane, Sienna, Drexel and VCU, so the kid wasn't some scrub.

He missed all but one game last year with a back injury, but his last year of playing, 2012-2013, he averaged 9 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.

http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205055888

Advertisement
Not a bad kid to take but a lingering injury would kill us (back injuries make me nervous too). We really need someone to step in at the 4 or 5 and play 20 minutes per game. The question is will Kelly get his head on right and be available for the WHOLE season.

Maybe this kid could take a medical redshirt for last season so at least he has 2 season left. If Kelly is a basketcase, cut him and bringing him in wouldn't be so bad.

Advertisement
FYI - we're currently top 3 for MJ Rhett from Tennessee State.

Rhett said he has been talking the most with Tennessee, Miami and Ole Miss—calling them the three frontrunners at the moment. He said he really likes the opportunity at Tennessee with head coach Cuonzo Martin, who has his team in the middle of a Sweet Sixteen run.

Rhett added that he is very high on the coaching staffs at Miami and Ole Miss, in addition to the opportunity to play right away in a power conference.

“I like Miami because they have a lot respect for me. I love Coach Larranaga. I know they got a great point guard,” he said. “I feel like it’s a good situation.”

http://illinois.247sports.com/Article/Tennessee-State-Transfer-MJ-Rhett-Ready-For-Success-184990

Love his attitude as well: Rhett wants to expand on that next season, and make a big-time splash in a major conference.

“I want to lead the conference in rebounding, or maybe even lead the nation in rebounding. Just continue to do what I do. Continue to defend, be on the All-Defensive team and All-Conference,” he said.

There are many things that make Rhett one of the elite rebounders in the country.

“My athleticism and agility. Even when I’m getting blocked out, I just try to spin and get around whoever it is and just get the ball. I rebound out of my area,” he said. “I got a good knack for the ball so I see where it’s going and just go up and get it.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back