Gracen Halton

Yamayama

Freshman
Per 247, UM in his final three of Oregon, Oklahoma, and Miami.

"I also had a good visit to Oklahoma and I'm still hoping to visit Miami this weekend but have some details I still need to work out. I like all three options a lot and will take the next week to hammer out my decision."

Advertisement
Per 247, UM in his final three of Oregon, Oklahoma, and Miami.

"I also had a good visit to Oklahoma and I'm still hoping to visit Miami this weekend but have some details I still need to work out. I like all three options a lot and will take the next week to hammer out my decision."

Sounds like he is trying to get a free vacation to south Florida before he signs with OU to freeze his but off in Oklahoma. I am thinking UM's staff was not happy he made the OU visit and have moved on from him. My guess is there was a dline spot earlier in UM's 2022 Class for either him or Ahmad Moten an now that spot is filled by Moten.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
San Diego (Calif.) St. Augustine High School DE
Gracen Halton is debating if he’ll make a surprise Miami visit this weekend.

It’s just a case of if he gets on the plane later today. CaneSport spoke with Halton’s coach, Will Cinelli, who spoke more about what’s at stake here. And what is for sure: UM’s recruited Halton, a former Oregon commitment, hard ever since Mario Cristobal took over.

He was originally scheduled to visit UM the middle of the month but never made that trip. Cinelli said the other schools high up here are Oklahoma and Oregon, and he’s expected to announce his decision on Wednesday. Obviously a UM visit would go a long way toward making the Canes a big player here, so stay tuned for if he gets on that plane.

What’s at stake here?

“He’s so explosive - he is just an explosive athlete, probably the best athlete I’ve ever been around,” Cinelli said. “We moved him around a lot, tried to create matchups. He’s primarily a 3-technique but also played some end, more inside. Teams will move him around because of what he does, he’s extremely versatile.

“We did use him on offense, too, and at 6-3 he’s going up at wide receiver and mossing D-I corners. Like when we played Lincoln he jumped over a D-I corner and catches a TD. He’s a freak. I’ve been around athletes and guys that have played in the NFL and he’s the best one I’ve seen.”

The comparison here?

“He’s similar in style playing-wise to Neville Gallimore from the Cowboys.

This is an interesting situation. Cristobal has pushed hard here but Halton hasn’t done a lot of talking regarding what he’s thinking. If he gets on that plane? We think the Canes will have a good shot. So stay tuned.

It seems like we haven't shown much interest for quite a while. Same thing happened with Florence. The coaches never visited and seemed to drop them during the first part of Jan. I'm not sure why... long shots, too far, too few spots left, others filled the void, equivalent quality locally, something's up but we stopped here.

Advertisement
Everyone on Reddit CFB is saying he’s an Oklahoma lock.

For that reason would be great to see him choose UM 😂 but if Mario doesn’t want him anymore then I’m good with that too

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back