Gracen Halton 4 Star DE possible Flip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You don’t mind remember? You “barely” post here anyways.

You made the bet.
I found the bet in the deleted thread and added a month to his existing 1 month ban. It was for a month.

00726EB0-2638-4D31-B07F-38B46B548AF5.png
3F3F4D5E-97FC-4C35-B99E-825180E1F932.png

One thing is for **** sure, whether 3-4 or 4-3 or both situationally (personally, I don't care either way as long as we run an attacking, 1-gap defense with gap integrity) it is clear that Mario took one look at our DEs and said 'Nope'. And to his credit, our 240 - 250lb DEs ain't cutting it against the elite teams with athletic OTs. They will eat little DEs like a lunch snack.

Every DE he's going after is well north of 265lbs, and that's OSU, Bama, UGA, LSU type DE size. We need to beef up our DL, and he's absolutely right about that. That 6'2" 245lb kid is a Rush End in Mario's mind, and he will play situationally.

We gotta go bigger and stronger, and I love seeing the direction he's headed with the position.
Not trying to play devils advocate because I wrestled in college so not sure of how the weight projection is done but just trying to understand because Cyrus Moss looks like a twig and doesn’t seem to be the listed 220.

Not trying to play devils advocate because I wrestled in college so not sure of how the weight projection is done but just trying to understand because Cyrus Moss looks like a twig and doesn’t seem to be the listed 220.
Its the height. 220 on a 6'0 frame is a linebacker. On a 6'5 frame its a basketball player. Most linemen in college if not filled out ye gain anywhere between 30-60 lbs, depending on line positioning.

Advertisement
Not challenging the mods or anything - but the actual bans seems bit petty. Considering he agreed to it in passing upon proposition from another member.
That's a valid point, but when we're talking about posters with over a dozen warnings, they don't get a lot of leniency.

One thing is for **** sure, whether 3-4 or 4-3 or both situationally (personally, I don't care either way as long as we run an attacking, 1-gap defense with gap integrity) it is clear that Mario took one look at our DEs and said 'Nope'. And to his credit, our 240 - 250lb DEs ain't cutting it against the elite teams with athletic OTs. They will eat little DEs like a lunch snack.

Every DE he's going after is well north of 265lbs, and that's OSU, Bama, UGA, LSU type DE size. We need to beef up our DL, and he's absolutely right about that. That 6'2" 245lb kid is a Rush End in Mario's mind, and he will play situationally.

We gotta go bigger and stronger, and I love seeing the direction he's headed with the position.

Yeah! I love the bigger explosive DE! Chad Thomas, Rousseau, Phillips, we had some dudes come through here with size.

Agree with you about smaller DEs against ELITE OTs

Advertisement
IIRC Mario got rid of Leavitt's primary 3-4 front for a more multiple look defense that can tie things together.

A little background on his last couple DC hires, e.g., should give some pretty good clues on what he's looking for here:
https://fishduck.com/2019/04/shrouded-in-mystery-the-new-oregon-defense/

https://fishduck.com/2021/01/what-you-must-know-about-the-tim-deruyter-defense/
Everybody is moving to hybrid fronts. It allows you to give every look possible to confuse an offense and allows you to “platoon” certain players to use a baseball term. Platooning means using a certain player in a certain matchup. By being multiple and using a hybrid front you can put people on matchups you want and rotate on and off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
as things stand currently, Oregon is the most likely landing spot with Miami running second and USC third. The source indicated that Halton would go to Miami before he went to USC.

Hiring Mastro and Salave'a would help as they are close to him apparently
Oh I bet. That’s why he pushed back his signing date Gaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back