Gracen Halton 4 Star DE possible Flip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea back to Helton. Perfect for at 34/43 under scheme. You can slide him to SDE in a 4-3 look and have him play the 5/6 tech in a 3-4. Reminds me a bit of of Dre’mont Jones.

Kid reminds me of the USC/Minn DL that went biserk recently Everson griffin

Don’t think he’s got that burst that EG did at that age but nice comp. The nice thing about this kid is that he has the ability to play all across the DL. He can play your 4-3 DE, he can give you some reps inside, he can be your 3-4 DE, etc. kid has real nice athletic ability. Not sure he’s super fast but he’s got a nice burst/short range quickness.

One thing is for **** sure, whether 3-4 or 4-3 or both situationally (personally, I don't care either way as long as we run an attacking, 1-gap defense with gap integrity) it is clear that Mario took one look at our DEs and said 'Nope'. And to his credit, our 240 - 250lb DEs ain't cutting it against the elite teams with athletic OTs. They will eat little DEs like a lunch snack.

Every DE he's going after is well north of 265lbs, and that's OSU, Bama, UGA, LSU type DE size. We need to beef up our DL, and he's absolutely right about that. That 6'2" 245lb kid is a Rush End in Mario's mind, and he will play situationally.

We gotta go bigger and stronger, and I love seeing the direction he's headed with the position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just deleted a zillion derail posts. Keep it to Halston here.

the past halston movie GIF by 1091

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure this is his dad speaking on the Space right now. said he's definitely taking a trip back to Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back