Got caught twice

Roman Marciante

Sophomore
Premium
So when Miami has this particular protection scheme called, in conjunction with a HB play fake (or screen where he isn't in the protection scheme) they need to be on alert. They are vulnerable up the middle and have been bitten hard on it a couple times.

I said in the uf breakdown that they need to consider scrapping the play or abandoning the play fake to ensure that the qb has the time needed.

I get the fact that sometimes defenses just win with their play calls but you can alert yourself when your protection scheme leaves you open down main street.

It is remarkable that Jarren even got this play off vs. UNC.

Advertisement
Good stuff (well... good stuff from you Roman. Wtf are we doing calling a halfback screen on 3rd and goal. When we get inside the 10, every pass should be to either Mallory, Jordan or Osborn unless the play breaks down)

Good stuff (well... good stuff from you Roman. Wtf are we doing calling a halfback screen on 3rd and goal. When we get inside the 10, every pass should be to either Mallory, Jordan or Osborn unless the play breaks down)

Speaking of this point, I responded with this on twitter (wanting a fade)

But Brad Kaaya's response to me was LEGEND....lololol

Advertisement
Speaking of this point, I responded with this on twitter (wanting a fade)

But Brad Kaaya's response to me was LEGEND....lololol

Fades were frustrating but weirdly effective with Richt. Jarren has good touch I would love to see ya utilize Mallory like we did Cager down there. Line up in jumbo and split Mallory out wide. If two guys go with him run it.

Fades were frustrating but weirdly effective with Richt. Jarren has good touch I would love to see ya utilize Mallory like we did Cager down there. Line up in jumbo and split Mallory out wide. If two guys go with him run it.

Fades are just effective period. The threat of the fade opens the slant. If 1 on 1 a good wr like we have should win that 50 50 ball.

Roman the one thing that I like about Enos offense is that he is really varied, he seems to adjust his formations well to another look once the Defense adjusts to one formation. At one point North Carolina had no Answer for Enos Offense, Jarren was moving the team downfield consistently.

The other thing IMO, is that this OLine is going to be real good in the very near future, if they keep that line up we had Saturday.

I think Enos is a good Coach/OC and Barry will prove to be a very good Oline coach.

**** I loved that Wham Block by Brevin Jordan, that sprung DJ Dallas, nice nice nice!!!

Advertisement
Absolutely no business running a middle screen on 3rd and goal from the 9. That’s just an awful decision. And why are we under center on 3rd and goal from the 9? What offense in the country is under center in that situation? Stanford is in the **** gun on 3rd and goal from the 9. Jesus Christ.

You know what works great in 3rd and goal from the 9 with a versatile back? This. Think it’s familiar to Enos??

Advertisement
I’m good with fades but I think running a corner with the inside man or TE is a bit safer, we scored with Mallory on that and they scored the game winner on us with the same route. If they go zone and take that away we can usually hit a slant in the hole with KJ on the outside like the first TD. No need to get cute in the red zone, I think we’ve been trying to be way too clever down there, we did fine on the last few possessions running basic route concepts and the Td with Cam just lining up and pushing them off the ball.

Fades are just effective period. The threat of the fade opens the slant. If 1 on 1 a good wr like we have should win that 50 50 ball.

If you have a great leaper with ball skills or a guy who boxes defenders out, the fade can work. But in reality, the play is usually a low percentage throw. IMO there are much better schemes you can use on the goalline to free guys up and put the safeties/LBs in tough spots.

Advertisement
I'm not a Linebackers coach, but that seems really poor positioning by Shaq. No eyes on QB at all.

Am I wrong?
1568163089986.png

If Shaq is looking at the qb the play comes right to him. No touchdown. Maybe that’s y he’s the worst rated player on our defense through 2 games.

Advertisement
Back