Gordinier Out for the Season

Advertisement
Keep him on a 'ship this year and move on from him next year..Saban, Meyer, Dumbo all would.

I think we have to be better than that. He gave bother his knees for the team, even if it was pre season both times.

Isn't there a process to convert his scholarship in such a way that he he keeps his financial aid but does not count as a football scholarship?

Yep. He can be put on a medical scholarship, like Gayot was.

Not sure why everyone is clamoring for this at this point. Sure he faces a tough road, but Patchan did too and he made it back. Sean Spence also made it back from a horrible injury with nerve damage.

Just too soon to know what his recovery prospects will look like

I agree. I was only replying to the notion Miami should cut him loose. Hopefully he can recover and contribute.

Advertisement
Huge bummer, but I think he'll be back next year.

I hope Steed's ready to go.

How's that knee feeling, poppa Steed?

He says he feels like he's ready so he should be back any week now. He said that a lot of the guys have been telling him he looks like he's ready as they watch him do his workouts with the trainers. I'm not sure who is gonna make the call as to when he will be a full go but let him tell it, he is ready.

Advertisement
Huge bummer, but I think he'll be back next year.

I hope Steed's ready to go.

How's that knee feeling, poppa Steed?

He says he feels like he's ready so he should be back any week now. He said that a lot of the guys have been telling him he looks like he's ready as they watch him do his workouts with the trainers. I'm not sure who is gonna make the call as to when he will be a full go but let him tell it, he is ready.

Thanks for the update. Not surprised that's his outlook since our dude played almost a full season with thin air for an ACL.

Great to hear he's feeling strong and confident. We may very well need him.

The sport puts a lot of stress on the ligaments. There is nothing any S&C coach can do to prevent that, imo.

Gus name shouldnt be run through the mud because of a common football injury.

The sport puts a lot of stress on the ligaments. There is nothing any S&C coach can do to prevent that, imo.

There's growing science on the proper way to jump and stop, etc. Technique in your steps. How to build proper strength. I'd guess our guys are working with the research people at the University. It's interesting stuff.

This kid will be a D1 defensive coach eventually.
He has a tremendous opportunity learning from one of the top LB coaches in the nation. Banda also supposedly knows his stuff. Can learn the ins-outs of 2-Read and all the fun stuff they're going to be doing with blitz packages and leverage.

Again, all the best to him.

Advertisement

There's growing science on the proper way to jump and stop, etc. Technique in your steps. How to build proper strength. I'd guess our guys are working with the research people at the University. It's interesting stuff.

That's true. I just think its all for naught.

Its like trying to prevent concussions, its pointless .

There is just too much spontaneous movement and unaccounted physics that you just cant train for.

There is just too much spontaneous movement and unaccounted physics that you just cant train for.

Your ligaments can only withstand so much stress. They're not designed to adjust for all the extra mass (muscle, mainly) that a football player is carrying.

Gordinier going down was definitely a hit to the depth. The #4 and 5 guys will be DO and Mike smith. Wilder is also doing well.
Do not expect this freshman group to be like last years. They were a rare group. The fact that they handled the mental part is most impressive.
Gordinier would have been absolutely key for this group. his experience and knowledge would have been so valuable. The freshman have to be able to handle the mental rigors.

Advertisement

While I agree with the "football is a rough sport, **** happens" sentiment, you can still limit and reduce concussions and injuries by teaching technique, etc.

Advertisement
Back