Good write-up on U OL from Palm Beach Post

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes coaches excited about offensive line signees | Canes Watch

“Corey Gaynor is not going to be a four- or five-star guy, but he might start as a freshman,” Richt said."
"

Din not know this about Ben Jones---"Richt said the 6-foot-4, 280-pound Gaynor plays “mean as a snake” and compared him former Georgia center Ben Jones."

"That’s a high honor in Richt’s world. Jones had Air Force, Troy and UAB offers in 2007 when then-UGA offensive line coach Stacy Searels told him the Bulldogs wanted him. He started four years at UGA and has started five seasons in the NFL, last year for the Tennessee Titans."

Miami Hurricanes coaches excited about offensive line signees | Canes Watch

“Corey Gaynor is not going to be a four- or five-star guy, but he might start as a freshman,” Richt said."
"

Din not know this about Ben Jones---"Richt said the 6-foot-4, 280-pound Gaynor plays “mean as a snake” and compared him former Georgia center Ben Jones."

"That’s a high honor in Richt’s world. Jones had Air Force, Troy and UAB offers in 2007 when then-UGA offensive line coach Stacy Searels told him the Bulldogs wanted him. He started four years at UGA and has started five seasons in the NFL, last year for the Tennessee Titans."

Ben jones coming out of high school
[video=youtube_share;8m6-TdjBcCA]https://youtu.be/8m6-TdjBcCA[/video]

Here he is in the nfl being interviewed by UM great Chris Meyers

[video=youtube_share;EGSU1QUHwyE]https://youtu.be/EGSU1QUHwyE[/video]

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;1-4yR4LyLp0]https://youtu.be/1-4yR4LyLp0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;WTu5TYXew_M]https://youtu.be/WTu5TYXew_M[/video]

The article mentioned that Loftus is gone. I was unaware of that, but good to hear for Miami.

Hopefully he's found a home somewhere to play...

Advertisement
Nick Linder is soft as a marshmallow. If he starts again this year that is a bad bad sign.

Nick Linder is soft as a marshmallow. If he starts again this year that is a bad bad sign.

Nick was hurt much of last year. And we have short memories. When he played guard as a Freshman he was very effective, solid play. But if you combine lack of development (Kehoe), and injury, ... I think we are going to see a very different Nick Linder. Nothing against Gaynor. But I think if Gaynor beats out Linder, he'll deserve the position.

Advertisement
Too many people short selling Gaynor because he's not from a top name program, and didn't have the name recognition. I love that he's mean, but more than that he knows how to square his body against his opponent when he's blocking. He's technically proficient, and consistently gets a solid vector. Good footwork helps that. That he's supposed to be strong and intelligent IMHO makes him an elite prospect. I know everybody like to bag on Larry Bluestein, but he has been high on this kid since last year.

Nick was hurt much of last year. And we have short memories. When he played guard as a Freshman he was very effective, solid play. But if you combine lack of development (Kehoe), and injury, ... I think we are going to see a very different Nick Linder. Nothing against Gaynor. But I think if Gaynor beats out Linder, he'll deserve the position.

Nobody wants to hear this or the same with McDermott. Somehow St. Louis is immune from all of last season's shortcomings on here, though. Linder has had up and down moments here. Last season was mostly down and we were absolutely better with Gall at Center. Supposedly, some of that had to do with shoulder injuries plaguing Linder last season, but I'm willing to see what manifests this coming season. Linder was surprisingly good as a true freshman (which no one saw coming).

We have numbers and experience that have been being developed. It hasn't all been good experience, but I think we have enough now where the top 5 should be stout.

Too many people short selling Gaynor because he's not from a top name program, and didn't have the name recognition. I love that he's mean, but more than that he knows how to square his body against his opponent when he's blocking. He's technically proficient, and consistently gets a solid vector. Good footwork helps that. That he's supposed to be strong and intelligent IMHO makes him an elite prospect. I know everybody like to bag on Larry Bluestein, but he has been high on this kid since last year.

I'm fairly certain every single poster loves Gaynor. I haven't seen him short sold on here once. I expect him to be a multi-year starter here.

I'm fairly certain every single poster loves Gaynor. I haven't seen him short sold on here once. I expect him to be a multi-year starter here.

The standard post has been they like him, but he will need a year or two of development to play. IMHO that is selling him short.

Advertisement
I don't care who starts, I just want wins! They can start rosier at center for all I care. Just win!

Advertisement

For real. Look at his freshman tape from the FSU game. Linder was a beast. Idk if it was injuries or the extra year under golden. But he regressed

“I’ve told all these kids to get ready to fight for a starting job. If you sit and wait, you’re getting passed by. It’s been made real clear.”

Love reading this.

Advertisement
Back