Good win, now what's next?

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
The first absolute is that we have to make the ACC Tournament. North Carolina didn't make the field of 64 last year with an RPI of 19 (!) because they missed the ACC Tournament. All ten of the ACC teams that made the conference tournament also made a regional. Right now we sit in 9th. 13-17 put UNC in a 10th place tie-breaker in 2016. That means we would have to go 9-12 from here on out. Very doable. 15-15 (11-10 finish) should be the goal, though.

The second MUST is that we must not lose more than two more non-conference games. FGCU (22-3) will be a very nice and surprising resume builder, but we have to get the wins. The RPI has to get up into the high 30's. We won't get there without cleaning up in non-ACC games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You would think so. Wake Forest and Duke at home then Pittsburgh on the road. Got to come out of that at 6-3 which would put Miami at 10-8 with FSU rolling in.

Advertisement
32 games left. Still plenty of time.

Shame that Ruiz, Edgar are nowhere to be found.

Don't all ACC teams make the tournament now?

Nevermind. I just looked it up. The top 12 make it.

Which probably changes things this year. Just making it as the #11 or #12 probably doesn't do it. Still need to be top 10, and preferably top 8.

I think an 8 seed or better is mandatory to have a chance - the ACC doesn't look as strong this year. And have you ever listened to the Committee representatives talk after the selection show? I am not sure they know how many innings there are in a college baseball game.

And since we'll have no chance of hosting, there goes that advantage. You never want to be a bubble team, especially when your school's name is "Miami".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Going back to this thread. We have got to be above .500 when we get to FSU. It is a must or the season is over. The schedule over the next few weeks is manageable and most games are at home.

This team finishes 6 games below .500 .... we are light years behind at least three other programs in this state alone

Advertisement
This team finishes 6 games below .500 .... we are light years behind at least three other programs in this state alone

I'm curious to know which three programs we're "light years" behind? Florida, ok I'll give you that one although they've yet to actually win a title, but they have dominated head to head, and...?

Advertisement
Back