Good story on Ragone

Who did this?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 1.15.38 PM.png

Advertisement
It was garbage time, but Ragone showed something at the end of the FSU game. He was a critical reason why we kept FSU out of the endzone. Kid plays with heart and effort. Even if he isn't the strongest or fastest and really shouldn't see much, if any, meaningful reps. that kind of effort is infectious. You saw how happy the team was for him that he made that sack to end the game.

Can we quit ragging on him?

In limited time, he's done his job. And prevented a last minute touchdown against the ****noles. Hes like the Mike Jones of our team (Mike Jones, LB for the St Louis Rams who tackled Kevin Dyson to prevent him from tying the superbowl). He was at the right place, right time and did his job like him and I believe, even with his so-called limited athletic ability, will continue to do so.

It was garbage time, but Ragone showed something at the end of the FSU game. He was a critical reason why we kept FSU out of the endzone. Kid plays with heart and effort. Even if he isn't the strongest or fastest and really shouldn't see much, if any, meaningful reps. that kind of effort is infectious. You saw how happy the team was for him that he made that sack to end the game.
It was a play you see when a kid gives max effort, and it means something to them. You don't need to be the most athletically gifted to make a play like that. You need to want it more than the guy in front of you. No doubt in my mind he wanted it more than the FSU dude trying to block him.

And yes, that was one of my favorite plays of the game. I did NOT want FSU scoring a garbage time TD.

It was a play you see when a kid gives max effort, and it means something to them. You don't need to be the most athletically gifted to make a play like that. You need to want it more than the guy in front of you. No doubt in my mind he wanted it more than the FSU dude trying to block him.

And yes, that was one of my favorite plays of the game. I did NOT want FSU scoring a garbage time TD.
Me neither, I was extremely relieved that we stopped them. That whole drive was fun to watch. TAC, Flagg, Balom, Harrell, and a bunch of the other freshmen were out there making plays. Awesome to be able to get them all game reps vs. FSU of all teams. Usually those situations are reserved for the Savannah State's and FAMU's of the world.

Advertisement
Good for him.

Each hand has five fingers - none of them look alike, none of them work the same job - but together - they do amazing things.

Our team needs to work like fingers on a hand - no thinking - automatically doing what each is supposed to do.
That is some Yoda level chit right here👆👆👆

Heart over entitlement. I’ll take that anytime, anywhere.

Advertisement
Back