Good story on Ragone

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
Advertisement
good for him, still should never see the field

Oh right, because preferred walk-ons can't contribute.

• Baker Mayfield — Texas Tech, Oklahoma
  • Luke Falk — Washington State
  • Matt McGloin — Penn State
  • Austin Davis — Southern Mississippi
  • Hunter Renfrow — Clemson
  • Justin Hardy — East Carolina
  • Jared Abbrederis — Wisconsin
  • Sean Bedford — Georgia Tech
  • J.J. Watt — Wisconsin
  • Clay Matthews — USC
  • Jim Leonhard — Wisconsin
  • Rodrigo Blankenship — Georgia
  • Stephen Gostkowski — Memphis
  • Kenny Willekes — Michigan State

Advertisement
Oh right, because preferred walk-ons can't contribute.

• Baker Mayfield — Texas Tech, Oklahoma
  • Luke Falk — Washington State
  • Matt McGloin — Penn State
  • Austin Davis — Southern Mississippi
  • Hunter Renfrow — Clemson
  • Justin Hardy — East Carolina
  • Jared Abbrederis — Wisconsin
  • Sean Bedford — Georgia Tech
  • J.J. Watt — Wisconsin
  • Clay Matthews — USC
  • Jim Leonhard — Wisconsin
  • Rodrigo Blankenship — Georgia
  • Stephen Gostkowski — Memphis
  • Kenny Willekes — Michigan State
Wow forget what i said! Tell mccloud take another year off and start him at MIke! hes the next zach thomas!

good for him, still should never see the field

a bit harsh...he's not a starter definitely but why not scrub minutes? Limited time I saw him last year when he played I thought he was aggressive and had a nose for the ball. Those hard working, over-achiever types are good to have around the program to keep those guys that rest on their laurels honest.

I'm not sure how anyone can knock this young man after some of the shoddy LB play we have seen in recent years. All of our LBs recently have looked the part, until they get lost on the field and take themselves out of plays. Instead of renaming a spot Striker, we should just rename them Bad Angles, because that's what they did a **** of a lot more than striking.

Advertisement
Wow forget what i said! Tell mccloud take another year off and start him at MIke! hes the next zach thomas!
Seeing as McCloud was by far the worst of the LB trio and generally a liability whenever he played, it is not that farfetched for Ragone to pass him on the depth chart. PWOs don't normally have the athletic ability of their scholarship counterparts, so they make up it for their athletic deficiencies through high effort and more cerebral play. If Ragone was eating his wheaties and putting in the weight room work, it's quite possible that he ends up contributing more than McCloud. As someone else pointed out- just having a player that takes the correct angles would be a 200% improvement.

I'm not sure how anyone can knock this young man after some of the shoddy LB play we have seen in recent years. All of our LBs recently have looked the part, until they get lost on the field and take themselves out of plays. Instead of renaming a spot Striker, we should just rename them Bad Angles, because that's what they did a **** of a lot more than striking.
Worst thing you can do to a man is take away all hope. If he desrves to be on the field, he'll be on the field.

Sure. You really nailed the context of what I said. Amazing reading comprehension.
You made a great point man! thousands of PWOs to choose from and you listed like 10 good ones. And the next 2 star we sign will be the next ed reed right?

You made a great point man! thousands of PWOs to choose from and you listed like 10 good ones. And the next 2 star we sign will be the next ed reed right?

Again, magnificent reading comprehension. That GED was worth the effort.

Advertisement
When our scholarship LBs have been playing like walk ons, what the heck does it matter?

Advertisement
You’re in a fight with a guy, whose avatar is a bunch of ******, who takes himself seriously

When I coached youth football I used to tell the Families and Kids, "that football was one of the last bulwarks where hardwork and skills determined who plays". Fell on some dead ears because some always offered me incentives for their child to start/play. Some were very creative to say the least.

Advertisement
Back