Good news with Hargreaves

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
USC just got a commitment from CB Jalen Ramsey. They were already tight on spots and the fact that this is a corner, makes it even less likely Hargreaves winds up there.

USF is still the team to beat

Advertisement
with all this incoming talent to miami with last years class and this years class expecting to be a good one, i was just curious do u think golden will be able to manage all this talent and get everybody on the field, im not a hater im just curious what u think ?

with all this incoming talent to miami with last years class and this years class expecting to be a good one, i was just curious do u think golden will be able to manage all this talent and get everybody on the field, im not a hater im just curious what u think ?

you will see for yourself in a couple of months but we saw a little glimpse of the mind of Jedd last year and the creative plays he drew up to get the ball in the playmakers hands... I'm sure getting all the talent on the field isn't Golden's top problem right now

/maybe in 2014

I don't see how USC wouldn't find room for him if he wants in. One thing is for sure, USC is putting together a filthy class....

In today's college football landscape you need three starting-caliber WRs to deal with these spread offenses (except when you're playing GT). On top of that you always need to depth in case of injuries or fatigue. I don't think Golden is worried about having too much talent at CB and it shouldn't be hard for him to sell this to recruits either.

Advertisement
If we were to land Sherit that would obviously help our chances. I would have to think we would be in the mix until the end and that's all you can hope for. To be able to line a talent up like him opposite Tracy Howard would be one **** of a CB tandem.

will be visiting OSU..

Ohio State already has the third- and fourth-ranked defensive backs in the nation from the ESPN 150 class of 2013 in Eli Woodard (Voorhees, NJ/Eastern) and Cam Burrows(Trotwood, Ohio/Trotwood-Madison). Could there be a chance to grab No. 1?

The Buckeyes could find out soon, as Vernon Hargreaves III (Tampa, Fla./Wharton) plans to visit Ohio State on July 16. Hargreaves is also the No. 4 ranked player in the country.

“Yes, that’s the plan,” his mother Jackie said in a phone conversation. “He said he will be there within the next two weeks.”

http://espn.go.com/colleges/osu/index

I would feel good about our chances if it was between us and UF. Its USF that really worries me....how the heck is this kid going to say no to his dad?

Advertisement
The same way Jackson Jeffcoat said no to his dad 2 years ago. His dad at USF is a factor no doubt, but in the end, I think its a bit overblown. I mean, USF aint exactly a juggernaut on the recruiting trail or on the field.....

I would feel good about our chances if it was between us and UF. Its USF that really worries me....how the heck is this kid going to say no to his dad?

If dad coached at texas or USC I would be over. But the kid is going to have to go to a marginal program in a bad conference with lousy academics if he stays with Dad. If he were my kid, I'd send him away. It's a business. You don't let your kids become collateral damage.

That said, if he wants to stay home and the pull of family is big, I get that. But it should be the kids call and I bet it is.

I think USF is more of a challenge than many may want to believe... The kid's father coaches there... That overshadows any flaw we may come up with... We can point out academics, bad conference whatever... The cases where kids choose to play with their fathers if the opportunities present itself ways more in favor than them opting to not go that route...

Advertisement
Can you imagine his dad trying to sell a recruit as to why they should come to USF and the recruit asking why he couldn't even get his own son to come? I know his dad says it's VHIII's choice, but...

That would not be a good look for USF if they couldn't even get a kid to commit there with their dad being a coach there.

Can you imagine his dad trying to sell a recruit as to why they should come to USF and the recruit asking why he couldn't even get his own son to come? I know his dad says it's VHIII's choice, but...

He could simply say, "He wanted to branch out on his own," which is perfectly normal for an 18-year-old kid.

Unless my dad coached at my dream school, I don't think I'd want to play for him. It'd be different if he was the head coach, or maybe the defensive coordinator. But he's a position coach who isn't even going to be coaching his son directly.

I have no insider knowledge, but I'd be shocked if he ended up at USF. I just can't see it.

Advertisement
I'd also be shocked if he ended up at USF. I understand all the dad stuff, but I just don't see it happening. For some reason, the last couple of weeks i've been having a good feeling about him ending up at the U. Sherit is the key

Advertisement
Back