Off-Topic Good News Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

i hate to **** on this kid, but i think that is asinine and not good news.

this kid was clearly talented enough to be accepted anywhere, and could have short-listed a much smaller number of schools. instead, imagine that this led to rejections and wait-list responses for students at every single one of these schools, because someone self-serving who doesnt see the big picture wanted to make a headline.

he represents everything that is wrong with accomplishment, nobody is correcting him, and -- perhaps worst of all -- they are likely encouraging this.

i hate to **** on this kid, but i think that is asinine and not good news.

this kid was clearly talented enough to be accepted anywhere, and could have short-listed a much smaller number of schools. instead, imagine that this led to rejections and wait-list responses for students at every single one of these schools, because someone self-serving who doesnt see the big picture wanted to make a headline.

he represents everything that is wrong with accomplishment, nobody is correcting him, and -- perhaps worst of all -- they are likely encouraging this.
I didn’t think of that… but isn’t there a chance that he declined most of them to free up his spot?

But yeah… sometimes when u are just thinking about yourself and setting a record, you do negatively affect others

I didn’t think of that… but isn’t there a chance that he declined most of them to free up his spot?

But yeah… sometimes when u are just thinking about yourself and setting a record, you do negatively affect others
the spots will open back up but i doubt he has formally declined any of the schools where he has been accepted.

i'll also note that college applications are ~$75 apiece. so this kid spent $10k on college applications. i think that is gross.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back