Other Sports Golf

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
Screenshot_20240317_103642_ESPN.jpg

20240317_103518.jpg

Today is the Final round for The Players Championship (the 5th Major) with the leader board looking to have a contentious match coming down the stretch between Schauffele, Clark, Harman, Fitzpatrick, Theegala & McNealy.

Personally, I'm pulling for Hideki Matsuyama (my 2nd favorite Golfer), but 6 strokes might be too tall a task to catch Schauffele.

Either way, it's looking to be a great Golf season this year. ⛳🏌️‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
man I hate golfers but I sure do love golf courses.. I get that it's overseeded but got ****! people just don't get what it's like maintaining grass at a tenth of an inch.

Advertisement

Scheffler went absolutely ballistic shooting a final round 64 if he can finish with Par on 18.

Absolutely excellent putting today.

I didn't know you were into golf as well.

Scheffler is probably the best ball striker in quite a long time. If he can just be average to slightly above at putting consistently, we might see the next guy to win a lot. He just needs to stay healthy.

I didn't know you were into golf as well.

Scheffler is probably the best ball striker in quite a long time. If he can just be average to slightly above at putting consistently, we might see the next guy to win a lot. He just needs to stay healthy.

Advertisement
Many athletes in other sports were dominant for long periods, which helped their respective sports become bigger and inspired many future athletes (i.e., Jordan). But, as far as absolute dominance and creating a boom, the likes of which have never been seen, Tiger was that guy.

It's hard to imagine what golf would be like today if Tiger had never played or had been just another average golfer.

Can you think of an athlete that had the type of impact that Tiger did?

Many athletes in other sports were dominant for long periods, which helped their respective sports become bigger and inspired many future athletes (i.e., Jordan). But, as far as absolute dominance and creating a boom, the likes of which have never been seen, Tiger was that guy.

It's hard to imagine what golf would be like today if Tiger had never played or had been just another average golfer.

Can you think of an athlete that had the type of impact that Tiger did?
I can't think of an athlete, but what about a sport that's capable of rising like golf because of a transcendent athlete?

Advertisement
Did PGA & Liv Tour merger fall apart?
They're still in negotiations.

They had originally reached a tentative agreement back in December of 23, but decided to extend talks out into this year & are still ironing out all the details.

Advertisement
Back