Golden's strategy with impending sanctions....

canesman

Junior
The reality of the situation is that we are looking at probably losing 5 schollys a year for 2-3 years as a best case scenario.

We are sitting at 79 total on the current roster with 6 spots remaining. Obviously this doesn't take into account additional attrition.

We will have 17 seniors next year.

Al seems to have targeted EIGHT players to finish this class:

Thomas
Kirkland
Collins
Bryant
Grace
Coley
Bostwick
Robinson

Worst case scenario.......we only get Grace.

That would get us to 80 total players.

Assuming we lose 5 ships next year (80 man roster), we would be capped at 17 incoming players unless we see more attrition.

Best case scenario? Lets say we get 7 of 8 brining our total to 86.

We would only be able to bring in 12 new kids without attrition. That would really suck considering how loaded next years class is.

It could be worse.....USC got 10 per year reduction. That would leave us with 7 scholarships in 2014 unlss we have major attrition.

My point.......DO NOT EXPECT ANY REACHES IF WE WHIFF ON ANY OF THESE EIGHT. Golden understands that he cannot afford to miss on any kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
why do we keep speculating on all these numbers? i know its a message board and thats what message boards do... but why do we have to do it so often?

I have a "crazy" feeling that Al and his staff know what they are doing....

Simply put: We dont know anything about numbers

I think all first three posters her are correct, but I DO know that Al knows better than all of us. He not only knows the numbers for the next three years, but also the slots and the projected targets to fill those slots. It's a process!

We not only have a Head Coach, we gotta CEO!

Last edited:
Nobody knows how many scholarships we may lose. We need to sit back and wait for the verdict to be handed down. Guessing any number is Pure speculation.

Advertisement
why does it seem like USC recruiting hasn't taken a hit at all

There was a 2012 college football season...you should try and watch some of it...

It will affect them even moreso next year with their limited numbers they're trying to replenish.

Last edited:
The staff will take all of the ballers they think is an upgrade over current kids on scholarship and then tell those kids to seek shelter elsewhere. That's just the way it is...

Advertisement
Why does everyone assume that the coaching staff knows what they are doing?

Why would the staff know anything about the numbers and how to stay at or below the 85?

Are we to believe that Golden is some type of psychotic (movie: flamingo kid)?

You better believe the entire coaching staff is reading this board and counting on our members to not only remind them of the NCAA scholarship limits but also where we are and how many more we can take.

There is no denying this fact.

Advertisement
Back