Golden's one chance

Saltycane

Sophomore
Premium
The only chance Golden has if he comes out today and says Dorito has been let go. This won't happen so he should be fired at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Hellllllll no! This is his bs defense. He's the stubborn one refusing to change. There is no more chances for golden. The last one was in Louisville.

Golden wouldn't do it. Too loyal, too arrogant when it comes to his **** scheme.

Advertisement
Serious ?... Didnt golden turn around UVA defense & have them ranked high?.. If so was it this scheme?.. Were the safeties & lbs so far off the Los on obvious running plays & running teams?.. I don't see how it cud ever work & it's far passed from working here... Just wondering if & how it worked there?

Advertisement
The only chance Golden has if he comes out today and says Dorito has been let go. This won't happen so he should be fired at the end of the season.

Golden should buy a one way bus ticket and then get under it.

Golden is a walking dead man....a rich one, for sure....but his head coaching days at an elite level beyond this gig are history.

He should be a marketing administrator or an AD at a division 2 school.

If I am Golden I make the call to Randy Shannon

To get advice on a buyout?

His 2004 defense was ranked #18 and it was 108 when he got there, but if you look at UVA that year, the defense got worked by every team with a pulse. FSU, Miami, VT and Fresno in the bowl. Gore ran for close to 200 against them and Berlin had his way too. Even Rix and company embarrassed them.

Advertisement
That would be like changing the cello player on the deck of the titanic.

KQcTE3a.gif

Last edited:
I know it is his defense but if he was a good CEO he would realize this scheme is nt working and definitely his manager is not doing anything that has worked. If he brought in a strong DC and let him run it he would buy himself a year, but he has shown that his loyalty is more important than results. He does not hold those that work for him accountable.

This stubbornness will cause him his job.

Advertisement
A) It's his defense too
B) He's going down with the titanic
C) Even Stevie Wonder let alone the BOT can see he's a disastrous head coach

A) It's his defense too
B) He's going down with the titanic
C) Even Stevie Wonder let alone the BOT can see he's a disastrous head coach

I was actually watching the game with Stevie Wonder, and on one play where we had the option strung out but Kirby decided to backpedal instead of attack the play for a loss, Stevie jumped up and screamed, "Did you see that ****!". Our passivity transcends sight.

Not only is it his defense, he's a bad coach for more reasons than that.

He coaches scared and his gutless attitude trickles down to his team. He doesn't have that dog in em to win on the big stage.

Advertisement
Back